DRG Professional Services is currently seeking an HSE Manager to join the world's leading independent Aerospace product finishing company in Carson, CA. This HSE Manager will provide HSE leadership and technical support to all company sites and support the application of best-in-class HSE processes, procedures, programs, tools, training, and standards across the organization.
- Ensures the Corporate HSE standard practice is defined, implemented and driven daily through plant management in order to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations while maintaining company standards.
- Lead the organization in developing a continual improvement in the HSE culture at the workplace, starting with air, water quality and hazardous material permit compliance as well as OSHA training to implement an overall HSE practice to constant management and active monitoring of all permit compliance requirements and industrial safety practices. This practice includes office, administrative, material handling, transportation and all shop floor activities.
- Ensure HSE awareness and responsibility through the deployment of an HSE Management Operating System (MOS) at the Enterprise, Regional, Plant and Department levels including a consistent, safety hazard / near-miss reporting system, robust safety committees at all locations, frequent communication, on-site audits and a robust training, certification and learning system. The MOS must include a compliance and regulatory tracking program to keep accurate records and ensure advanced warning of training and certification renewals.
- Compile and submit ALL regulatory, permit and compliance reports for all company locations.
- Complete Audits and on-going site visits to constantly identify department level regulatory, permit and compliance concerns, safety hazards and evaluate loss producing potential of a given system, operation, or process and implement sustainable and measurable solutions that ensure full compliance of all locations.
- Implement a consistent HSE reporting and metrics system and analyze incident and injury/illness data for targeted HSE activities to drive a zero-incident culture.
- Auditinternal programs to determine the effectiveness and progress to best-in-class standards.
- Ensure a process and resources are in place with metrics to conduct routine inspections for permits, regulatory requirements, environmental compliance and industrial safety standards such as emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, hoists, ventilation, eyewash stations, PPE availability and all other HSE related activities at each location as necessary to maintain best-in-class HSE procedures.
- Ensure compliance to permit, consistent reporting, cost analysis scheduling and manifesting of hazardous waste shipments.
- Ensure a process and resources are in place to continuously update the SDS library at each facility.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school): Required
- 10 plus years of experience in environmental and safety compliance within highly regulated industries. Preferredexperience with hexavalent chrome, stringent air and water quality standards, painting, chemicals and hazardous material storage and transportation.
- Federal and State required environmental and safety regulations
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.