This position is responsible to assist in developing, implementing and maintaining health, safety and environmental programs designed to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements (federal, state, local) and ensures the protection of our employees, assets and community at large. This position reports directly to the Tucson HSE Manager. This position is weighted approximately 70% Safety and Health and 30% Environmental.
* Interpret new and existing regulations, develop plans and drive actions to ensure compliance with regulatory (federal, state, county, local) and Honeywell requirements.
* Manage Environmental programs including; air emissions, storm water, hazardous waste/RCRA, container management and spill prevention, drinking water, EPCRA/SARA Title III.
* Maintain the industrial hygiene monitoring plan, oversee monitoring activities, and provide technical guidance in the implementation of controls to minimize exposure to contaminants.
* Provide advice on HSE concerns and work with employees at all organizational levels to affect corrective action strategies.
* Develop and lead HSE improvement projects including capital upgrades, kaizen events, HSE Management system implementation, and other continuous improvement projects.
* Develop and provide training and guidance to site personnel, leadership, and contractors to ensure compliance with regulatory and Honeywell training requirements.
* Lead root cause investigations for any HSE incidents and ensure that all required reports are made in a timely and accurate manner.
* Participate or lead audit teams or special projects where HSE expertise is needed. Conduct internal HSE audits to verify compliance.
* Develop HSE policies/procedures and ensure that requirements are effectively integrated into standard operating procedures.
* Interface with regulatory agencies relative to HSE inspections and inquires.
* Provide support for environmental programs and initiatives including hazardous waste reduction, recycling, and energy efficiency. Participate as member of the cross-functional Tucson Energy Team.
* Participate as member of the site Emergency Response Team.
* Provide HSE expertise and input for review of Job Safety Analysis, Standard Operating Sheets, and New Chemical Requests.
* Proactively integrate HSE initiatives into the Honeywell Operating System through processes like Standard Work, Rapid Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement.
* US citizen or permanent resident required due to government contracts.
* Bachelor's degree in health, safety, environmental, industrial hygiene or related discipline is required.
* 2+ years directly related experience in Health, Safety and Environmental practice is required.
* Master's degree a plus.
* Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Experience with OSHA VPP, ISO 14001 and/or OHSAS 18001.
* Comprehensive technical knowledge in many of the following aspects - Health and Safety: Lockout/Tagout, Electrical Safety, Confined Space Entry, Machine Safeguarding, and Emergency Response. Environmental - EPCRA/SARA Title III, Storm Water Pollution Prevention, Air Emissions Management and RCRA/hazardous waste regulations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
* Ability to think tactically and resolve issues.
* Demonstrated success in developing strong partnerships and motivating people.