- Key resource in the transition of the current payroll application and operating model from PeopleSoft to Workday; including support defining the future state processes, team structure, roles and responsibilities, service level agreements, and operating procedures.
- Manage the payroll activities across the appropriate departments within Lowe’s including Payroll operations, shared services and field operations.
- Oversee the payroll process for 250,000+ employees in order to deliver payroll in a timely and efficient manner, complying with state and federal regulation, and adhering to Lowe's internal standard operating processes and procedures.
- Manage a team of individual contributors both on-sight and remote who are responsible for payroll processing, hours corrections, personnel data changes, garnishments, HR records, and payroll operations to ensure the accuracy of all payroll components.
- Collaborate and work closely with leadership from HR and various business units including IT, Accounting, Legal, HRIS, HR Shared Services, etc. to defining information needs and establish effective and efficient business processes related to payroll.
- Analyze and translate data from multiple internal and external queries, marrying information to optimize data utilization, develop effective payroll improvements and/or solutions, and streamline various departmental processes.
- Maintain, develop, and design (where applicable) databases to ensure the flow through of employee payroll data from set up to extraction of data for analysis and reporting for many requests regarding payroll, both short term and long term (i.e. gross pay limits, tax and wage related queries).
- Manage and direct back-end payroll operations processes including: payroll reconciliation, review and audit of back end reporting, ACH file authorization, G/L reconciliation.
- Coordinate and participate in year-end and W-2 processing as well as various special payment initiatives including bonus, holiday, etc.
- Assist in planning and managing of disaster recovery as well as various special payment initiatives including bonus, holiday, etc.
- Represent the payroll department as the subject matter expert on cross-functional project teams developing new initiatives (i.e. payroll M&A integration).
- Participate in quarterly SOX testing for payroll processing.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to staff to build team moral, ensure engagement, and to coach, teach, and motivate the payroll team.
- Create and provide training for the field and HR staff in regards to processes that impact payroll and operations in the field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
- 5+ years experience in the field of payroll.
- 3+ years experience in direct/indirect people leadership.
- 3+ years experience in a company using an HRIS or time keeping system.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and with highly confidential tier 1 information.
Job ID 1352507BR