Tracking Code 219629-021
This position is responsible for the management, development, ongoing maintenance, and technical support of the global HR Systems, including but not limited to SuccessFactors. This position will support our global HR systems strategy and have a strong focus on improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the HR and Labor organization.
- Supports the development of the global HR systems roadmap as we continue to build best-in-class process, platforms and analytics;
- Collaborate closely with HR and Labor teams in both the US and Mexico to ensure systems meet the needs of the business; work with leaders across the business to determine system needs and plans to execute against those needs;
- Provide system administration including, but not limited to, monitoring and auditing systems, researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements;
- Serve as a subject matter expert on SuccessFactors modules including defining requirements, configuring solutions, testing and validation, and role-based permissions;
- Define, evaluate, and configure HR systems/tools together with HR and non-HR groups to ensure efficiency in processes and data integrity across all systems;
- Provide reporting and analytical support to the global HR organization. Develop, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools;
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Draft communications for new or updated HR system functionality;
- Recommend process improvements through more effective use of HRIS applications;
- Exemplify KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, HRIS or related technical degree;
- 8+ years of hands-on ERP/HRMS experience required, SAP highly preferred. Experience with SAP HCM modules including OM, PA, Benefits and Payroll is strongly desired;
- At least 2years of progressive functional SAP SuccessFactors experience is required, with emphasis in Learning, Performance, Succession, Employee Central, Recruiting, Onboarding and/or Compensation highly preferred;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous SuccessFactors certification.
- Significant experience, knowledge and expertise in HR business systems analysis and design and project life cycle methodology, best practices and processes;
- HR Systems development, implementation and project management experience, preferably in an international corporate environment;
- Strong understanding of HRIS design, structure and processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees across all organizational levels and geographies;
- Strong general analytical skills;
- Flexible and able to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects;
- Must be able to exercise discretion and judgment with little or no supervision in carrying out daily tasks. Must be able to anticipate, draw conclusions, and adapt to changing needs and demands;
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations;
- Engage with SMEs across multiple functional areas to gather, clarify, and document reporting and analytic needs for ad hoc reporting, recurring events and projects;
- Must be able to handle complex HR reporting requests for all levels of management;
- Strong computer proficiency (Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio, Word, etc.);
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time to KCS locations as needed including Mexico.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.