Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a member of the People Technology Design and Enablement team at PayPal, you will create meaningful and cohesive end-to-end experiences through a deep understanding of our customers and exceptional design execution. You will collaborate with the business and technology teams to bring the PayPal People strategy to life by bringing your customer to the forefront in everything we do.
Create partnerships by consulting with our business partners to identify enhancement opportunities in the development of a technology roadmap, in addition to partnering with the business and Technology teams to execute the projects.�
The ideal candidate is an all-around solution designer with both interaction and visual design skills. They will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our customers, and how to solve for them through project planning, scoping, building requirements, creating functional specifications including wireframes, developing and executing test plans and scripts, and streamlining and improving current processes. Responsibilities
- Develop and enhance strong partnerships/collaboration with business process owners and stakeholders (HR, Benefits, Compensation, Talent, Finance, Legal, IT etc.) to gather information and translate that into a business process/system functionality that both aligns with the needs of the business and keeps the end user experience in mind.
- Define and document end-to-end HR business processes and system improvements based on analysis to increase the workforce and stakeholder satisfaction with our HR technology solutions.
- Continuously improve in quality and efficiency.
- Communicate with executive staff, business and other functional partners.
- Provide expertise regarding strategies for new programs, projects and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Partner with product owners to provide subject matter expertise on HR systems or business processes based on areas or projects assigned
- Lead and advise our business partners. Manage internal customer relationships and champion the employee and business stakeholder experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels including senior management.
- Ability to work in Agile, Waterfall and hybrid delivery models.
- Ability to engage, envision, and collaborate to build solutions that encompass the end to end processes that drive HR services.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically.
- Highly flexible, ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines in order to execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization.
- Partners with program / product management and technology team members in the execution and delivery of projects using a customer-focused, iterative design process
- Creates high-quality deliverables and executes based on goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing work to a more extensive schedule.
- Leverage and extend the use of design techniques, templates, presentations, and assets in the creation of requirements, solutions, and materials.
- Be a One Team player - All your partners though-out PayPal are on your team and together you will achieve success
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to transform business requirements into system improvements that ultimately advance the initiatives of the People team at PayPal. The attributes of the successful candidate are:
- 8+ years of relevant and exempt level business experience in HRIS and working on projects for large complex business groups.
- BS degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Understands the climate, culture, and relationships within an organization, how things happen and are accomplished, what works, and what doesn't work.
- Responsive, fast-paced decision-making skills with the ability to drive business results.
- Expert knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC), including proven experience in implementing HR software applications.
- Strong working knowledge of HR systems (Workday) in addition to MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project, and Design tools such as Sketch
- Strong understanding of SDLC and SAAS solution implementation and management.
- Experience supporting multiple HR lines of business such as Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Learning, Operations, Inclusion and Diversity, etc... required.�
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.