HRIS Business Analyst:
The Firm is currently recruiting for an HRIS Business Analyst to be resident in our Chicago office. Reporting to the HRIS Manager, this position will develop business solutions for HRIS projects, including analyzing requirements, drafting specifications, configuring PeopleSoft, testing and training.
· Work with managers and end users to identify new or changing business needs, and to conceptualize appropriate HRIS solutions for those needs.
· Develop specifications and project strategies for implementing business solutions. Communicate with the project sponsors and stake-holders to secure their buy-in for a project approach.
· Set-up and maintain PeopleSoft configuration tables to meet new and changing business requirements. Assist the HRIS Manager in maintaining PeopleSoft end user security.
· For more complex projects, develop project plans, testing strategies and change management plans. Keep project stake-holders up-to-date on project progress in relation to the project plan.
· Develop project roll-out strategies, including end-user training, procedural documentation for the HRIS team, and end-user communications. Work with the HR community to implement the business solutions.
· Create PeopleSoft advanced queries in response to report requests. In some cases, analyze report information and prepare presentations to help identify trends and other conclusions from the report.
· Develop expertise in viDesktop for administering the Firm's performance management processes. Configure the processes and work with our DBA to import employee data into viDesktop.
· Work withotherHRIS team members to cross-train and transfer knowledge. Ensure HRIS processes are properly documented and that team members have back-up support when needed.
Experience & Qualifications
· Four year college degree in a related field, or its equivalent in additional work experience.
· Four or more years' experienceworking with an ERP Human Capital Management system like PeopleSoft or Workday, including responsibilities for business analysis and mid-sized HRIS projects. Previous law firm and PeopleSoft 9 (or higher) experiencepreferred.
· Strong understanding of the PeopleSoft set-up tables, Query writing and best practices for HR business processes. Advanced Query skills such as left outer joins, sub-queries and unions preferred.
· Project planning skills; analytical and methodical by nature. Excellent attention to detail.
· Advanced verbal, written and presentation communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts in laymen terms. Good problem-solving and influence skills.
· Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Word.