Under limited direction, serves as a liaison between the Human Resources (HR), Information Technology (IT) Departments and various vendors to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of the HR Department and users of HR information systems. Assist with all levels of HR staff in assessing needs for various business functions. Continuously assesses, monitors, and critically evaluates existing programs and processes within the HRIS area to ensure utilization of most strategic, cost effective methods possible.
- Analyzes current HR Systems tools and provides recommendation for best in class BI tools to support business needs. Participates in technical troubleshooting, and implements technical solutions; develops project management related documentation used for development; documents Business Requirements; and participates in User Acceptance Testing. Develops business needs analysis to provide justification for changes and communicates efficiently the business requirements to technical resources and others as required.
- Champions and serves as technical expert for HR Information Systems, helping drive long term strategic direction, design requirements, features, functionality and necessary enhancements
- Serves as a member of the HRIS/HRSS Team to plan, design, develop and continuously evaluate HRIS/Payroll functions, programs, policies and service delivery in order to achieve overall department and organizational goals.
- Develops and assists in the communication, training and implementation of new systems, processes and system upgrades
- Responsible for the oversight and direction of an end to end data management model supporting the full set of HR and payroll data.
- Maintains professional liaisons with consultants, vendors and the like to ensure effective program administration in area specialty
- Responsible for the oversight and direction of an end to end data management model supporting the full set of global HR and payroll data.
- Provide expert level consulting, and management of expert level consultants, to solve HR and business unit problems.
- Analyzes internal HR data and performs research on dashboard tools and introduces best in class descriptive reporting tools. Creates complex ad-hocreports, HR and other functional dashboards, automating the delivery where possible
- Oversee HRIS Change Control practices/processes, SOX policies & practices, audit requirements and procedures.
- Partners with HR team and other functional areas in multiple projects and acts as a HRIS technology specialist and provides recommendation for systems and technology, reviews processes to assess
- Lead cross-functional teams in the planning and execution of projects aligned with the HR strategy; including business requirements, process design, functional requirements, data management, testing, and production operations & support design through execution against a common methodology and tools for project management, functional analyst, data management, and testing.
- The technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Assists team members in identifying reports that are needed by the department and users of HR information.
- Utilizes intermediate statistical, mathematical and computer skills in analysis and reporting of data to management or interested parties
- As it relates to the HR department, acts as editor/publisher for the HR Department website to ensure consistency across all units and facilitate new initiatives.
- Interacts with team members/customers in order to provide expertise in area of specialization. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Corporate Compliance Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest ethical and professional behavior
- Assists in Call Center environment by responding to calls, faxes, emails and walk in customers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of professional experience with emphasis in Human Resources or IT field
- HRIP, PHR/SPHR certification preferred. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred
- Strong Experience with HR systems and reporting. (Microsoft Office skills; experience with PeopleSoft HRMS or SAP HCM, Kronos, Success Factors, XML publisher, Crystal Reports, Cognos, SQL and Windows Graphical User interface preferred)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HR Business processes and procedures
- Knowledge of technical hardware and software involving internet connectivity, email clients, IPTV, VOIP and Call Center operations
- Understanding of HR processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules, and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation.
- Ability to operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated, sound communication skills; verbal, written, electronic