Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) by processing confidential employee information and records. Prepares reports from the HRIS for use by all levels of management. Assists in the development of systems specifications, design and development from the end user perspective.
- Combines HR functional knowledge with technical expertise of HR systems in order to achieve process and system efficiencies/best practices, promote data integrity and deliver accurate reporting of data to the business.
- Supports production and year-end activities ,to include researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process questions.
- Maintains, analyzes and supports reports of varying complexities utilizing appropriate reporting tools; define reporting needs, identify issues with existing audits and reports; generate ad hoc queries and reports.
- Performs analysis into root cause of problems and recommend solutions for HR systems.
- Supports problem resolution, reporting, policy and procedure support; coordinates with all HR functions to ensure system and HR actions meet compliance needs; assess, develop, and deliver end user training for new users and ongoing training to ensure efficient utilization of HR system; assist with rollout and communication related to new systems and initiatives.
- Assists in development and implementation of, and maintains audit and testing procedures to ensure accuracy and integrity of HR system data.
- Assists in evaluation of new software and hardware and new modules/updates of HR system; coordinate, maintain and enhance human resource systems in conjunction with user areas and information systems.
- Identifies process improvement/automation opportunities and participate in initiatives: develop, document and implement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES Job Skills Requirements:
- Organizational, project management and analytical skills to support HR systems and projects
- Working knowledge of human resources functions, processes and database structure: system setup, interdependencies and data flow to track down problems
- Technical problem solving capabilities with ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users/customers
- Strong communication, presentation and consultation skills
- Computer skills with thorough technical aptitude and attention to details; proficiency in Microsoft Office; understanding of HR/payroll systems and processing and related interfaces
- Knowledge of report writing applications to be able to run and troubleshoot simple reports
- Ability to balance day-to-day tasks/projects/enhancement initiatives and embrace fast-paced organizational change
- Experience with working with multiple third party vendors
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Three years experience as a human resources analyst/administrator/technician
- One year web-based HR system experience required; knowledge of relational databases and queries
- Experience with small to medium-scale project and program management