Location: Chicagoland, IL
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HRIS Administrator is responsible for driving value through the creation and maintenance of analytic tools and business processes as well as supporting business intelligence tools used to support decision making for all HR areas and for business leaders across the organization.
He/she is responsible for assessing the feasibility of system enhancements or process changes and their impact on primary and ancillary systems. He/she performs system troubleshooting, problem resolution and support during implementations, integrations and upgrades. He/she is accountable for the efficiency, stability, security and accessibility of all supported applications according to agreed upon standards.
- Develops, formats and oversees the production of all HR data reports. Reviews and responds to internal and external HRIS requests to track, trend and report on new data elements, enhancements to existing data, data file creation, exports and transfers to vendors/other systems and standard or ad-hocreports. Conducts customer needs analysis and determines HRIS feasibility to gather, track, store and report on data elements by analyzing the impact that operational and on-going business changes have on the existing system. Works in conjunction with IT and vendor support, to determine what data elements, configurations or enhancements may require programming support or development of customer fields or screens to meet organization needs.
- Responsible for HR data integrity and audits. Provides oversight for system and data integrity working withHR users and various customer groups (Payroll, Benefits, Nursing Support, etc) to perform on-going data audits and verification of successful HRIS file maintenance, transfer and system processing. Collaborates with user groups and IT to research and resolve processing issues.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations to HR as well as operational departments regarding addressing efficiencies, gaps and opportunities. Reports on and makes recommendations using predictive analytics.
- Performs basic functional troubleshooting for HRIS network operational software related issues working closely with users to identify potential causes and works with users and IT support to resolve.
- Oversees and develops processes for the collection and data input of all employee demographic and job related information into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) required for accurate and timely processing and reporting on applicants, employee new hires and terminations, and changes in employee demographics/status.
- Researches, troubleshoots and recommends innovative HR system solutions and analyzes system functionality to determine compatibility with existing systems and business requirements. Recommends tools and other software solutions to leverage technology and maximize the use of core and ancillary HR system functionality to increase operational efficiencies. Work with third party vendors to strategize and develop HR system solutions, including leading vendor teams in implementing HR solutions and projects. Manages vendors maintaining standardized controls to access risks, regulate costs, resource utilization and service deliverables.
- Collaborates with IT in the analysis and implementation of any HRIS and related system projects, upgrades and enhancements. Participates with IT in planning all upgrade implementations and develops any related HR project plans with HR Leaders and end users to integrate training, policy, procedures or process changes. Coordinates timely validation testing with end users and IT on all system modifications. Maintains all procedural and test script documentation related to custom queries and functional customized enhancements. Develops, or assists HR Managers, IT and Payroll in developing, common procedures to be carried out by functional HRsupport staff relative to batch processing file transfers and data exchanges. Maintain integrations and workflows from a functional perspective
- Administers and manages security and access for HR systems. Conducts regular audits to ensure appropriate security and access are assigned to users.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Creates, maintains and administers ERP configuration documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Information Technology or a related field required. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience overseeing and administering Human Resouryces Information Systems (HRIS) and otherHRtechnology with an emphasis on design, implementation, system administration and procedure development required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Lawson preferred.
- Previous work experience implementing and supporting integrated third party systems required.
- Previous experience utilizing various ad-hocreport writing tools and databases to develop complex queries, analytics and metrics required.
- Experience with Kronos Workforce Central or other time and attendance system required.
- Solid project management experience to lead system design/feasibility sessions and develop project plans for upgrade and implementation teams. Project management certification preferred.
- The analytical ability to analyze business needs and processes, identify system problems, develop testing, project and implementation plans, assess resource requirements and resolve issues.
- The leadership skills to successfully lead projects, influence stakeholders and facilitate HR and user group actions to adopt system, process and workflow changes.
- The interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with user departments, IT, vendors and consultants and to understand user needs and facilitate group and project team meetings.
- The written and verbal communication skills necessary to train users, develop training materials and document procedures.
- The organization skills necessary to develop and oversee system testing scripts, timelines and system and process change implementation plans.