HRBusiness Partner - Nursing Institute
Provides consultative support for workforce issues that impact operational strategy for the core business functions in conjunction with human resources and Institute/Division/Hospital Leadership. Ensures the linkage of human resources strategies with business needs and manages the relationship with human resources operational services to support those needs. Leads assigned team incorporating serving leadership principles.
- Directs the work activities of assigned human resources associates and the human resources generalists by development and execution of strategies and operational leadership to support business objectives.
- Makes recommendations on identified opportunities for process improvement.
- Reviews and analyzes human resources metrics on productivity, turnover, vacancy rates, patient satisfaction, employee engagement, etc., to identify trends and proactively assesses the work climate.
- Reviews all termination requests for assigned population.
- Applies understanding of the business unit to develop action plans for appropriate response.
- Investigates employee complaints and make recommendations to business leadership.
- Leads talent management initiatives which focus on attracting, recruiting and developing talent; aligns, engages, measures and rewards performance; while controlling or reducing people costs.
- Participates in leadership development and assessment process, identification of high potentials, and succession planning efforts.
- Consults with management on complex employee relations issues and assists management with assessment of performance deficiencies and development of plans to address issues.
- Serves as a developmental coach while collaborating with OLPD in efforts related to change management, team effectiveness, and leadership development.
- Works closely with compensation administrator in resolution of issues related to job design, evaluation, market analysis, etc. partners with the departments ofdiversity, wellness and performance improvement to ensure linkage with organizational strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Master's Degreepreferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ten years progressive HRexperience.
- Employee relations and healthcareexperiencepreferred.
- Normal physical demands include manual dexterity sufficient to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Requires normal or corrected vision, hearing and speech.
- May require frequent sitting, standing or walking.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.