The VP, HRBP - Strategy, Technology & Business Services will be responsible for providing strategic HR Business partner support for the business support and technology functions at Western Digital. This role leads a team of HRBPs to identify and support the talent strategies required to execute the business unit strategies and represents the voice of the business on the HR Leadership team as we set strategic HR direction and determine initiatives for the company. The position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a trusted advisor and strategic HR partner to designated senior executives
- Actively participates with business leaders to plan and execute effective business strategies
- Leverages deep understanding of the business to translate business plans into clear business-focused talent, engagement and organization strategies that achieve business outcomes
- Ensures strong execution of identified people strategies
- Drives the BU talent agenda and provide clear leadership on BU talent management - including assessing, developing, coaching and mentoring critical executive talent as part of implementing the company-wide talent management processes
- Supports BU level M&A activity - both in assessing targets, evaluating cultural alignment, and ensuring smooth implementation and harmonization
- Actively engages with business leaders to ensure organization effectiveness and optimal organization design
- Develops and leads a strong, high performing HR Business Partner team that has deep connection to the business and drives/creates tangible business value
- Provides change management counsel and support
- Partners with executives on executive hiring and reward decisions
- Leads and participates in cross-functional working teams on strategic initiatives
- Actively engage and collaborate with the HR Leadership Team to lead functional transformation, determine proactive enterprise-wide strategic priorities, and drive positive business results
- Proactively partner and collaborate across the global HR organization, share information, and provide thought leadership and a solution-oriented mindset to optimize the business value of the HR function
- Effectively and strategically manage assigned budget
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with Master degree or relevant certification preferred
- 12 years plus of experience in Human Resources or relevant experience with at least 8 years leading/managing teams.
- Demonstrates an inclusive leadership style with an emphasis on results and developing high performing team members
- Experience working and navigating globally - experience working with Asia markets and cultures a plus
- Demonstrated success in developing cutting edge global strategy and driving process improvements in a global workplace.
- Experience leading transformation.
- Proven track record of influencing, leading and facilitating large scale strategic initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders (Exec Leadership Team and Business Leadership Sponsors).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills (including presentation skills) across levels, with an ability to persuade and influence, and the ability to build enthusiasm and commitment
- Goal-oriented, proactive, accountable and passionate about driving results
- Strong business and financial acumen
- An agile and continuous learner with personal resilience and an ability to deal with ambiguity