Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you're helping to create a better world. The business you'll secure and the partnerships you'll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants. ABB is seeking a Location HRBP for the Byhalia, Mississippi location.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide HRBP support for 1 million sq ft distribution center, site leadership and employees including but not limited to employee relations, guidance on compliance related issues, assistance with recruitment of salaried positions, wage and benefit guidance, proactive and consistent performance management.
• Assures deployment of divisional/corporate HR strategy and initiatives.
• Assist with the development of and delivery of developmental training and opportunities for site leadership and employees.
• HR generalist responsibilities, including developing and interpreting policy, benefits administration, employee relations and recruiting.
• Model and practice positive employee relations including but not limited to walking the site floor regularly, conducting roundtables, identifying and executing opportunities to improve employee retention and morale.
• Coordinate people review and succession planning processes at the site level.
• Coordinate with the Health and Safety function on programs, metrics, training issues, etc. to continuously improve our safety program.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years related HR generalist experience with at least three of those at the management level.
**Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
• Intermediate skill set in Microsoft office applications.
• Solid knowledge of employment law.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and ability to gather and analyze information objectively and skillfully.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Strong judgment, decision making and influencing skills.
• Demonstrated employee relations experience in a manufacturing/distribution center environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.