HR Support Representative
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 03/17/18 by Nina Mathews
Rancho Mirage, CA
Less than 5 years experience
Staffing & Recruiting
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 03/17/18 Nina Mathews
- HRSupport Representative-*someone with HRexperience but am open to candidates with proven skills with attention to detail and data entry, outstanding customer service skills as they will be working the front desk (walk-in traffic) and phones
- Works under the direction of the Relationship Manager.
- Provides administrative and functional support to the human resources department.
- Answers general human resources related questions.
- Coordinates pre-employment process for new hires including: Schedules new employee pre-employment examinations, Processes background check, Completes enrollment for Orientation attendance, Reviews required forms for completeness, accuracy, and appropriate signatures, Reviews important policies, Reviews benefit plans and enrollment options, Takes photo for new employee badge and assigns security access when appropriate, Verifies status of professional licensure for all licensed new hires by utilizing the appropriate licensing boards.
- Accurately enters employee data into the HR/Payroll system including: Status changes, Review/enter start/stop date changes, Salary Information, Benefit Elections/Changes, Professional licensure, including renewals, Corrective action forms.
- Collects and enters student, physician, and contractor data in Empath/HRIS system.
- Processes employee terminations. Updates the Position Control Log according to protocols. Maintains data base integrity and consistency related to Empath and the ID badging system. Files documents (status changes, performance evaluations, benefit enrollment forms, W-4 changes, etc.) and audits all files, ongoing, for completeness.
- Front Desk Coverage/Phone coverage: Answers questions and/or directs calls or walk-ins., Immediately inform recruiters of applicants applying for ?critical? positions, Opens all mail (except confidential mail) and distributes to appropriate individuals, Ensures materials are available to hospital employees and applicants, Sells bus passes and processes the monthly deposit, Performs written and telephone employment verification, Participates in the Employee Benefits Fair and annual Open Enrollment including post-open enrollment follow up as directed by Compensation/Benefit Specialist. Processes benefit coverage changes for employees during annual enrollment process, and throughout the year. Other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree or 1 year of HRexperience.
- Required: 1-3 years experience in a human resources department.
- Preferred: HRexperience in a health-related field.
- Strong Windows knowledge, keyboarding skills, knowledge of an HRdatabase system, experience with Internet applications.
- MS Word, Excel, E-mail.
- Able to operate basic office equipment, i.e., copier, fax machine, etc.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Requires the ability to handle multiple projects / tasks at the same time.
- Ability to prioritize workload (i.e., time management skills).