Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
MASSIV Automated Systems, an advanced technology based division of Magna International Inc., specializes in the design and build of automated / robotic assembly lines for the automotive industry. Our areas of expertise include hemming (robotic and table top), laser welding, and assembly line welding. Our customers include other divisions within Magna and the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as General Motors, Chrysler and Ford. We are a true global supplier to the automotive industry! Our assembly lines provide a diverse range of automotive products such as doors, hoods, liftgates and underbody parts to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Asia and Europe.
The HR Supervisor will assist in the management of all human resources related functions within the Human Resources Department including but not limited to Employee Relations, Health and Safety, Environmental, Compensation/Benefits Administration, and Recruitment.
- Ensure divisional and corporate directives and requirements are maintained and applied fairly
- Oversee activities of Human Resources Generalist providing instruction and guidance as required
- Advise, assist and provide support to employees, supervisors, and managers on interpretation and administration of company policies and procedures as required
- Provide assistance to employees on work related and personal matters as requested
- Monitor policies as set out in Employee Handbook and Employee Charter of Rights
- Counsel supervisors and managers on progressive discipline policy and oversee preparation of written disciplinary action
- Oversee recruitment, selection, hiring practices for internal and external hiring
- Abide by and promote all divisional/corporate/legislative policies and procedures
- College Diploma or University Degree with concentration in Human Resources or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 7 years related experience in Human Resources in an automotive / manufacturing sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving/analytical, diplomacy skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize as deadlines are required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and ability to learn new software required
- Working knowledge of current legislation (OHS, WSIB, ESA)
- Office environment
- Overtime hours may be required
- Day shift; flex hours may be required to accommodate service needs,
- Internal/external contacts
- Regular exposure to confidential/controversial information
- Must have strong team based approach to HR services