Job Summary The HR Strategic Assistant will have oversight of the Farmers People strategy while collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure the successful and timely execution of key priorities. In addition, this role is responsible for HR Leadership Team efficiency and effectiveness which includes briefing and preparing the Head of HR for key meetings, leveraging data and external perspectives to challenge the status quo, representing HR at internal and external meetings and professional development of the HRLT.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads and supports enterprise People initiatives by directly scoping, planning, initiating, executing and closing the works.
- Brings together teams made up of a variety of stakeholders and contributors to deliver works.
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new People ideas, processes, procedures and initiatives.
- Continuously seeks-out and takes action on process improvement opportunities across HR.
- Ensures continued delivery and evolution of the high-impact HR model including collaboration with HRBP, Employee Relations, Legal, Communications Delivers data driven insights for HR and the business to take action on in support of People priorities.
- Capture internal and external best practices to advance People priorities and apply – either enterprise roll-out or test and learn.
- Follow-up and ensure assigned action items have timely response on matters that significantly affect the Head of HR, and HR Function.
- Responsible for the enterprise Performance Management process, including communications, timelines, reporting and evolution of performance management at Farmers.
- Acts as a liaison with Zurich Group HR to ensure Farmers engagement and works with HRLT to prioritize and execute on Zurich requirements.
- Provides briefings and prepares the Head of HR for key internal & external meetings.
- Take initial meetings with various parties for screening purposes or on behalf of the Head of HR.
- Respond on behalf of Head of HR to urgent and timely requests for information, technical briefings and analysis.
- Works with Head of HR and HRLT to determine and plan agendas for site visits.
- Delivers from concept to production, presentations or papers for Head of HR for a variety of audiences including DRG, Board, HR, internal and external events.
- Coordinates finalization of HR TRP (Total Risk Profiling).
- Directs and develops the HR Senior Executive Assistant for optimal performance to HR Leadership.
Education Requirements Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the design and implementation of enterprise solutions and change management, experience in data analysis, and experience working with senior executives required.
- Broad based understanding of insurance and financial services; 5 or more years of experience in a corporate support function within the insurance/ financial industry preferred.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures required.
- Knowledge in strategy, planning and finance, IT and business operations.
- Strong project management experience required, with knowledge of Agile and ADKAR methodology preferred.
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel. High level of communication, influencing and negotiation skills, coupled with ability to build relationships, influence, drive execution of organizational priorities, and maintain highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Creative and innovative thinking that leverages internal and external best practices to apply or advance at Farmers.
- High level of planning skills coupled with the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Advanced organization and planning skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work with little direction.
- Good problem-solving, decision-making and judgment skills.
- Balance work as individual contributor and part of larger team.