The Compensation Analyst is responsible for: administering all activities related to the salary administration program, the bonus program, the mega-bonus program
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Analyzes compensation policies in relation to government wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates for similar jobs in industry and/or geographic areas and recommends changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates.
- Partners with HR Staffing to ensure accurate job descriptions and leveling for positions in organization.
- Conducts job analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines and policy.
- Implement and administers special compensation programs or incentive systems for all employees or for specific groups to support the organization's objectives.
- Ensures integrity and security of critical employee data.
- Administers annual salary administration and long-term incentive award process.
- Prepares Bonus payment information for Payroll to process for quarterly, semi-annual and annual bonus programs.
- Uses compensation data to provide thoughtful analysis and insight to drive recommendations.
- Identifies and participates in compensation surveys to determine the company’s market relationship.
- Reviews compensation salary structure for internal consistency and external competitiveness.
- Audits jobs to ensure compliance with FLSA and other federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Addresses related issues for new hires and current employees, making recommendations based on knowledge of relevant labor markets and internal pay practices.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Supports the HR department by performing other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ten (10) years minimum of compensation experience, oil and gas industry preferred.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Workday is preferred
- Knowledge of IRS & FLSA regulations
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and be seen as the technical expert in subject matter area
- Effective communication skills, oral & written with ability to communicate with people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in human resources, business administration, industrial psychology, or a closely related field.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred