The HR Specialist – Benefits, is a key team member who will assume lead responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefit administration, maintenance of HRIS, employee records, and employee relations.
In this important role, the HR Specialist – Benefits will provide administrative support to the senior HR team on all benefit related/personnel matters and along with the HR Administration team, serve as the primary HR customer support contact for new and current employees.
The selected candidate must have solid experience in Benefit Administration and will also assist the HR team in carrying out various human resource responsibilities as needed.
This position can be based in the office, located in Atlanta, GA, Maryland Heights, MO or Sunnyvale, CA.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Development and growth opportunities
- Lead the new hire/onboarding process. Provide customer support for new employees, send out New Hire Notifications to the onboarding team members, distribute new hire documents/information, benefit enrollment, HRIS support, etc. Coordinate and administer New Employee Orientation.
- Process and reconcile monthly insurance/vendor bills timely and accurately.
- Lead the administration of the employee US and Canadian benefit plans, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability plans, Section 125 and 129 Flex Plan, 401(k), and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Ensure the accuracy of all benefit enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Lead the coordination of the annual Health Fair and Open Enrollment Process: Deploy / Administer the company’s Open Enrollment and Wellness programs, included non-discrimination testing, meeting coordination, programming the HRIS system and testing and supporting the carrier system integrations.
- As the main point of contact, build and maintain relationships with health and retirement plan providers. Attend weekly meetings with vendors.
- Assume a lead role in the benefit plan renewal process; prepare and provide census data.
- Support in the preparation of annual compliance reports (ie. Affirmative Action, EEO1 and VETS 100, etc.).
- Must be able to establish strong credibility with all levels of employees and maintain confidentiality.
- Act as a liaison with various external vendors and foster effective relationships with client representatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in field of Human Resources, Communications and/or Businesses.
- A minimum of 5 years Human Resource generalist experiencerequired including benefits administration.
- A minimum of 3 years HRManagement/Information System required; Strong knowledge and experience with Workday is preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification credential is a plus.
- Must be an advocate for the HR Department and work cohesively with the team.
- Strong Interpersonal & Communication Skills: Ability to relate well to people and work in cooperation with others to effectively coordinate and support activities in order to accomplish tasks.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through oral presentations speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; and through writing by editing work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic human resource functions such as compensation, benefits, employee relations, affirmative action, etc.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and accuracy, as well as, excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback while being extremely flexible and adaptable.
- Capable of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong proficiency in Internet navigation, Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; HR Systems; and Payroll (ADP).
- Must be proactive, not reactive and be able to work on own initiative and not rely on others to find solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate drive and enthusiasm.