Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
5 - 7 years
Posted 60 days ago
This position is responsible for helping lead the HR team at the Bridgestone Wilson facility, including but not limited to: team member relations, corrective coaching and counseling, project and change management, staffing, legal compliance, and team member development. The incumbent is involved in budgeting and strategic planning and assumes the lead role for the HR Department in the absence of the Plant HR Manager.
Manage the daily HR Service operation including:
· Responsible for all aspects of team member relations for the plant. This involves regular contact with Machine Technicians, Service Technicians and Staff team members regarding issues of policy interpretation and development, plant morale, team member problems, issues and concerns.
· Monitor effectiveness of human resources key performance indicators to ensure plant and organizational long-term success and take preventive or corrective action when such indicators deviate from desired goals
· Benchmark and monitor human resource industry trends, both internal and external, to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the business.
· Assist Plant HR Manager in development and deployment of mid and long term HR strategy for talent development, succession planning, teammate engagement, operational excellence activities, etc.
· Provide guidance to Crew Leaders regarding decisions on placement of team members into the Corrective Coaching and Counseling process. Make recommendations based on legal issues and past practice. Also involved in the actual administration of the Corrective Coaching and Counseling event giving guidance and support to the team member.
· Collaborate with Training Manager in the development and presentation of plant training materials regarding HR related topics such as interviewer training, new leader training, benefits training, new hire orientation as well as other soft skills training.
· Promote positive impacts of corporate citizenship and sustain brand image by staying informed of and being involved in community and governmental activities.
· Communicate information to provide continuity of human resources related functions across all systems, to include communicating with all levels of management as needed on pertinent business concerns and operational items. Network and collaborate across other processes for effective solutions.
· Provide support to all teammates as an advocate, through positive teammate relations, coaching, counseling, conflict resolution, and mentoring on human resources related issues.
· Develop, implement, review and revise human resources policies and procedures.
· Manage projects and assignments to ensure the efficient use of materials, resources, containment of costs and the promotion of innovation in the organization.
· BS Degree in Human Resources or related field required (Master's degree preferred)
· 5-6 years Human Resources Generalist experience
· Ability/Willingness to relocate in the future for positions of increased responsibility desired