- HR Administration – Maintains automated and manual human resources records and leads clerical staff in records management. Prepares various reports from data bases and in spreadsheets for the reporting of staff management and analysis and budget management. Monitors supervisor compliance to record management requirements. Audits human resources records to insure data integrity. Manages leaves of absences at the local level in partnership with third party and Store Support Center (SSC) staff. Recommends strategy, prepares witnesses and testifies at unemployment hearings. Tracks leaves and audits HRIS leave records. Advises management on legal/policy compliance. Maintains non-exempt HR staff time and attendance records. Leads non-exempt HR staff in job duties and projects. Recommends and coordinates employee recognition programs and celebrations. Assists HR Manager in preparing annual budget and monthly expenditures reports. Works days, shifts and hours necessary to accomplish objectives.
- Training – Prepares and facilitates HR leadership training for interviewing, equal employment opportunity, diversity, fair labor standards and internal policies. Manages facility certification programs for hourly and salaried employees, to include Performance Management and SOP Master Craftsperson. Takes lead in preparing and training staff on special projects and pilot programs.
- Compliance – Monitors and recommends actions to comply with state and Federal employment law and Company policy. Provide orientation to new employees regarding required compliance. Maintains employment posters in compliance. Coordinates and managers random drug screening process.
- Safety – Active on safety team and participates in accident reviews. Monitors compliance of reporting requirements and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of human resource principles and practices including positive employee relations, hiring, training, performance management, and employment law
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Skills in researching for legal compliance and analytic ability to formulate best practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and ability to effectively present reports to management.
- Computers skills: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and HRIS such as Lawson and KRONOS
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Knowledge and skill are normally acquired through post-secondary education at the bachelor’s level in areas such as human resources management, industrial psychology and business administration.
- At least five years in a progressively responsible human resource generalist position if no college degree; or at least three years in a professional or managerial human resources position with a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in a large, non-union distribution center or manufacturing environment (500 + employees) preferred but not required
- Professional human resources certification (or demonstrated progress towards certification) preferred but not required.
Requisition ID 2018-163105