Partners with and supports the regional team in corporate and regional initiatives of service delivery, driving key business metrics, clinician support and growing core business. Functions as the HR strategic business partner to the team and provides guidance, options, and support of human resource functions such as workforce planning, engagement, retention, and leadership development.
- Executes on corporate and regional initiatives.
- Consultant Member of the Regional Leadership Team, guiding initiatives related to colleague retention, engagement, and development.
- Understands metrics related to the areas within the region to drive engagement strategies and guide leaders in meaningful impact planning.
- Drives change management, identifies, and guides leaders/colleagues through change.
- Monitors turnover trends and retention issues. Provides analysis and guidance to leaders.
- In conjunction with the compensation department, consults with leaders regarding compensation issues, including market adjustments, promotions, offers, etc.
- Guides leaders and participates in workforce and succession planning, including interviewing
- Conducts investigations and facilitates resolution involving issues. This includes formal investigations reported through the ethics hotline as well as other investigations of a similar nature.
- Employee Relations
- Investigates employee relation matters, makes recommendations, and coordinates necessary action
- Tracks center performance and improvement in relation to human resource issues and provides standard reporting of progress.
- Assists leaders in managing onsite colleagues in accordance with client requests.
- HR contact for outside counsel regarding local EEOC claims and litigation to provide necessary documentation, insight, and deposition.
- Partners with leadership and advises on incident report investigations.
- Performance Development & Management
- Advises and equips leaders to manage performance, growth and development plans, and disciplinary action. Provides training to leaders to ensure consistency.
- Facilitates talent calibration process and sessions within region. Tracks results and provides follow up to leaders.
- Evaluates any involuntary termination requests and consolidates & summarizes supporting documentation for leadership approval. Facilitates panel calls to review clinician terminations.
- Responds to unemployment and legal claims as applicable.
- Training and Development
- Meets with new and newly hired leaders as part of onboarding to HR processes and partnership.
- Provides HR education opportunities to leaders in area of responsibility.
- Guides and advises leaders regarding FMLA, ADA and the LOA process.
- Provides policy interpretation for leaders and colleagues to ensure legal compliance.
- Mentors leadership within the region regarding human resource functions
- Help drive training initiatives and accountability are carried out as defined by leadership.
- Project Management
- Participates in acquisition due diligence, onboarding, training, etc.
- Acts as SME on company projects and initiatives.
- Works with HR peers on projects, developing process, strategy, etc.
- Lead special projects and initiatives as assigned
- Direct reports: None
- Regional, often multi-state, responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration or related field
- Strong understanding of federal employment laws and state-specific requirements of the applicable region
- 5 - 7 years of general human resource experience
- Multi-state responsibility preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Ability to execute on business initiatives
- Ability to be an influential leader
- Strong service mentality
- Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
- Warm, positive, energetic demeanor
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of federal employment law and state specific employment regulations as applicable to the assigned region
- Ability to analyze data and understand elements that influence the data outcomes.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to provide counseling to leaders as they resolve colleague, client, and patient issues in an effective and timely manner.