This position is responsible for the coordination and completion of large projects and/or programs within the HR Division. The HR Project Manager sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors, and summarizes progress of project or program. This individual prepares executive summary reports for leadership regarding status of projects or programs. This position is responsible for the successful development and implementation of large, cross-functional projects that support strategic objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines, monitors, executes, and controls assigned projects through the project development life cycle.
- Manages scope for 2 - 3 assigned projects including the execution of successful change management processes.
- Performs all or part of project coordination services as determined by project staffing and project size.
- Documents and completes all project management deliverables required by the project.
- Facilitates the procurement of needed Hardware, Software and Human resources for the project.
- Manages project cost as determined by project charter and/or development methodology.
- Works with project owners, stakeholders and QA personnel to manage project quality.
- Facilitates project communications at all levels for all project logistics.
- Coordinates, manages and facilitates the staffing of resources for the project including contracted resources.
- Tracks, reports and resolves issues, proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective actions when necessary and implements risk response plans to manage risk.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Research, develop and maintain proposed policies and procedures and ensure legal and leadership approval.
- Advise Human Resources management and employees on interpretation of HR policies and practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 5 years of project management experience required
- 3 years of experience in a Human Resources discipline required.
- Demonstrated skills in relationship building required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Proficient in database applications
- PMP certification preferred.