Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, international leader in building Critical Human Infrastructure™ in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in more than 100 countries through consultation, engineering, construction, operations and program management.
Are you passionate about process improvement? Are you a strategic thinker with a continuous improvement mindset? Do you enjoy managing projects and processes leading a matrixed project team to meet deliverables and quantifying ROI? At Black & Veatch, we continue to experience tremendous global growth, and we are looking for a Process Improvement Project Manager to join our corporate HR team. As the Project Manager you can make a significant impact to how HR will automate processes and deliver support to our business lines globally.
The HR Project Manager will develop strategy and partner in the execution of continuous HR improvement activities following the discipline of LEAN, Six Sigma and Change Management practices. The PM will use MS Project to manage content regarding business improvements including financial, engagement and strategy progress. The PM will partner with HR COE functional areas and key stakeholders on process enhancements to meet HR strategies. The PM will be required to have outstanding communication and presentation skills while focusing on the ability to influence and collaborate across the business.
- Lead key HR Lean improvement projects, providing leadership in developing practical solutions to complex analytical problems.
- Provide an overall assessment of key projects within HR and make recommendations to Leadership regarding priorities of key initiatives
- Provide timely A3 status updates, feedback and appropriate reporting of projects deliverables.
- Improve processes and methods of quality, simplification, delivery, cost reduction and process improvement principals.
- Results oriented with good project management, organizational and prioritization skills while being able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Create KPI's to monitor performance and improvement metrics that evaluate performance of the change and inform decision-making.
- Must be hand's on delivering and documenting process improvement recommendations with the ability to provide overarching project management expertise.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited University
- 5 years of project management with strong emphasis leading process improvement projects.
- All applicants will complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of innovation, LEAN, Six Sigma and business process management principles.
- Results based leadership and the ability to distill complex concepts and issues into simple, effective and persuasive solutions and messages.
- Track record of successfully implementing positive sustainable change leading to significant value creation in transactional and/or service environments.