In 1933, William Dillmeier opened a small glass fabrication business in Brooklyn NY. A fourth generation company, they have grown to become a premier manufacturer of glass store fixtures, glass components, glass wall systems and a myriad of other glass products for customers worldwide.
Today they operate out of a 150,000 sq ft facility. Their fabricators can manipulate the glass into virtually any shape, thickness, size, edgework, surface treatment, cut-out or drill pattern.
For decades Dillmeier has exceeded customers’ expectations. Their competitive pricing, on-time deliveries, attentive customer service, and expert technicians ensure that client’s custom glass will arrive in perfect condition, within budget, and ready to install.
This role is responsible for the development and execution of all operational and human resources policies and programs to deliver superior employee performance, continuous improvement, and a unified workforce for the company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish comprehensive operational and HR policies and procedures by assessing what is currently in place, and developing new initiatives as needed for continuous improvement.
- Spend time on factory floor. Analyze production work flow, make recommendations to plant manager, production manager and supervisors, and develop plan to implement necessary changes.
- Design, direct and manage employee development practices to build a superior workforce with particular attention on employee growth, retention, and succession planning.
- Establish training programs to address all employee training needs ranging from onboarding to management development.
- Coach and train managers to properly apply human resource policies and procedures including on-line training and possible off site seminars.
- Perform competitive market research to establish wage practices.
- Design, direct and manage hiring policies and procedures including the use of temporary labor.
- Direct and carry out disciplinary actions when needed including refereeing disputes and dismissing employees.
- Review and manage the company’s employee manual and update based on changes in regulations and laws.
- Interpret, administer and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, including the affordable care act, remain current and adhere to required documentation policies.
- Work closely with the safety coordinator on the implementation of and adherence to all plant safety policies and protocol. Be involved in all accident investigations and future preventative actions. Report all to Plant Manager.
- Supervise payroll processes.
- Progressive experience in a Operations or Human Resources leadership position.
- Manufacturing industry experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated successful training, development and succession planning experience.
- Demonstrated successful change management experience.
- Superior relationship building, coaching and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and clarify problems, evaluate potential solutions, implement selected solution, and coach and council all levels of employees.
- Experience navigating change through successful collaboration on a senior management team.
Dillmeier Glass offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. An attractive relocation package including 100% of moving expenses and 6months of living expenses (up to $2,500/month) is also available.
TalenTrustworks with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.
TalenTrust and our partners are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.