Alarm.com is looking for an exceptional HR Operations Manager to join our HR Operations team based out of our Tysons, VA headquarters. The HR Operations Manager will play a key role in enhancing our HR programs and processes, creating a positive employee experience and partnering with Business Leaders and the HR team regarding all matters related to effectively supporting and managing human capital. The ideal candidate will be well organized, have a high level of attention to detail, lots of energy, and be someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves in a tight-knit and fast-paced environment.
The HR Operations Manager's primary job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director, HR Operations with developing and driving the execution of the HR Operations strategy, integrating best practices/trends, and performing analysis on the effectiveness and competitiveness of existing human capital processes and programs.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Alarm.com HR processes, policies, and practices.
- Analyze HR processes with an eye on efficiency, quality, and data-driven decision making.
- Work with HR Business Partners and company leaders to continuously improve HR processes, efficiency, and automation in order to effectively support the business and our employees
- Work closely with the other teams across the organization to ensure that we have the correct processes in place to be successful in a public company environment.
- Assist the Director, HR Operations to support corporate activity such as M&A or the creation and implementation of new business units, companies, or channels.
- Maintain and develop Company Handbook, HR policies, and processes to ensure compliance with Company controls as well as state and federal employment laws.
- Manage all immigration and I-9 and E-Verify compliance.
- Maintain data integrity and documentation in personnel files and core HR systems through pro-active means (audits, testing, etc.) and drive activities around compliance.
- Ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- Review, process, and approve Workday and employment actions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, processing high volume transactions in a timely manner in compliance with established service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provide necessary training to end users to increase their effectiveness and ability to use HR systems and tools.
- Ensures compliance and is responsible for maintaining employee records.
- Lead, motivate, and build the capabilities of the HR Operations Associates team by providing day to day guidance that aligns with the overall strategy.
- Assist with cyclical HR processes such as compensation and performance reviews and open enrollment.
- 4-year college degree in HR or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of Human Resources experience in an operations role or HR related position
- Must have a thorough understanding of compliance for laws and regulations regarding employment practices and general/leading HR practices
- Possess a strong understanding of performance management, change management, organizational development, benefits, compliance, immigration, and compensation planning
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle ambiguity, multiple competing priorities, and make informed decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about accuracy, consistent processes, efficiency, and effective maintenance of people data.
- Ability to motivate the team and provide specific guidance on a day to day basis
- Experience communicating across all corporate levels including interfacing with top executives
- Hands-on experience with any large HCM system and experience using reporting tools; Workday preferred
- Analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience supporting operations outside the US strongly desired
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.