We are looking for a HR Manager in White Plains, NY 10601 for a Full-Time position with one of my State clients.
NEED HR MANAGER WHO SPECIALISES IN DEI (DIVERSITY EQUITY AND INCLUSIVE)-- THIS MEANS THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE PPL FROM DIFFERENT RACE AND RELIGION ARE HIRED IN OFFICE--OFFICE SHUD HAVE PPL WITH DIVERSE RACE, RELIGION, ETHNICITY
Below is the job description for the position:
Position Title- HR Manager
Location- White Plains, NY 10601, USA
Direct Hire / Full-Time
Client: State Client
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager reports to the Director of DEI and will understand client business and strategic priorities, then collaborate with HR specialists and business partners on the implementation of DEI strategies and initiatives.
Serve as a DEI consultant to leaders and HR for a more effective workforce management. You will leverage in-depth knowledge of core diversity, equity and inclusion concepts, human resources program design, to develop and implement DEI solutions.
You will champion a corporate culture that believes we draw strength from our diversity - everyone contributes, everyone belongs.
- Proactively consults with clients and recommends strategic solutions to improve critical business outcomes to embed DEI strategies into all programs and activities.
- Lead development and execution of the business DEI strategy in collaboration with HR, talent management, recruitment, and business partners, ensuring alignment, deployment, communication of inclusive initiatives, define priorities, goals, metrics, and measures of success.
- Coordinate, implement and project manage key diversity, equity and inclusion programs, initiatives and frameworks to ensure the achievement of diversity objectives within various business units.
- Manage Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and drive awareness and engagement in the business to advance a diverse and inclusive culture; develop and implement DEI strategies in partnership with ERGs to understand and support our surrounding communities.
- Design presentations, generate reports, and present to leadership and staff on DEI matters, discuss opportunities for improvement, and make recommendations.
- Act as a DEI subject matter expert and share diversity-related issues, legislation, best practices, perspective, insights, and knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented, with ability to build relationships with all levels of leadership, technical and business resources.
- Solid presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, quantify, interpret, and report statistical data for presentations to make recommendations that support business strategy.
- Proactive, innovative, organized and able to yield outcomes quickly.
- Strong program, project and change management experience/skills.
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Minimum 3 years with DEI experience.
- Progressive experience in workforce diversity, equity and inclusion, equal employment opportunity, social justice, or related fields.
- Solid understanding of employment law, employee relations and diversity best practices.
- Union environment is a plus.
- Approximately 20-30% travel primarily within NY State.
- Valid driver's license.