J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The HR Manager will develop and execute HR initiatives designed to advance the performance for the Manchester, CT - Logistics Center.
- Partnering with the recruiter to execute staffing strategies resulting in high quality hires and achieving retention goals.
- Serving as the point of contact for all distribution center associates to resolve problems or provide consultative advice in the areas of associate relations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives in key human resources areas such as retention, performance management, PDP & PIP development, employee satisfaction, strengthening of the front-line supervision and HR processes.
- Administering and assisting in the development and implementation of the performance management cycle. Providing guidance anddirection to associates with emphasis on maintaining a high performing work environment (emphasis on coaching, counseling, policies, procedures and standards).
- Conducting internal investigations as appropriate.
- Managing associate relations to ensure alignment with company policies, procedures and employment laws. Will take appropriate action in dual role of associate advocate and management coach.
- Evaluating and/or supporting the evaluation of company human resources-related programs and activities to help ensure that human resources policies are implemented.
- Identifying and sharing best practices with HR partners across assigned areas to improve performance and leverage lessons learned.
- Reviewing all termination decisions prior to implementation to ensure all policies and procedures have been adhered to. Conducting exit interviews and sharing feedback with Business partners to establish/correct trends and identify any problems which may be occurring.
- Maintaining the centers compensation programs to ensure market competitiveness and monitoring salary adjustments to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Providing new hire orientation and communicating benefit changes.
- Coordinating the annual open enrollment process.
- Facilitating annual associate engagement survey process, including data collection, feedback sessions with employees, and assisting in coordinating action plans for all departments.
- Conducting training for center as needed.
- Managing data entry and administrative duties of the Senior HR Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred. PHR/SPHR preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience as a generalist.
- Experience working in an HR retail environment preferred.
- Peoplesoft, Workday or other HRIS system experience.
- Drives connectivity, takes initiative, proactive in impacting engagement.
- Strong, demonstrated proficiency with communication skills, influence, adaptability/flexibility, and building relationships.
Job ID: 1083895