The Human Resources Manager will provide independent and high-level HRpartnership and dedicated support to employees and leaders with specific focus on optimizing engagement, productivity and effectiveness. This would include assisting with business process development, employee training and development, employee relations, performance management, change management and talent management for all aspects of the Corporate and Shared Services operational areas. In addition, this role is critical in ensuring proper data governance and reporting, executing strategic project initiatives, defining and facilitating standard operating procedures, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Talent Acquisition. Work with customer groups and Talent Acquisition team to develop and support a recruitment and retention strategy to identify, attract, engage and retain high-performing talent for Corporate and Shared Services divisions.
- Organization Design and Development. In conjunction with the HR Director, the HR Manager will partner with company leaders and managers in designated functional areas to review and understand business and strategic requirements. This position will assist with the facilitation and implementation of the development of programs and solutions (from a HR perspective) to help support and respond to business needs.
- Project Management. Develop project plans, secure resources, and drive project schedule; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables.
- Process Improvement. Identify process inefficiencies and transactional optimization opportunities and work with HR COE and Business teams to streamline and align processes. Use and deploy appropriate process improvement methods, through the facilitation of business process mapping, to drive business solutions forward. Develop, facilitate and monitor Standard Operating Procedures – including development and maintenance of procedural documentation. Maintain a close partnership with the Communications and Learning and Organizational Development teams for publication and updating of SOP on internal HR resource site.
- Employee Relations. The HR Manager will provide leadership, employee development support and direction to company employees and leaders. Includes continuous modeling and communication of SPB 20/20 Vision, Mission, Strategies, Values and Goals. Facilitate investigations and make recommendations for resolutions and ensure appropriate documentation occurs.
- Leadership Development. HR Manager will work with entry and mid-level leaders to create and support an inclusive culture focused on open communication, accountability, diversity and creating talent development opportunities. Facilitate the development of IDPs, Leadership Development Plans and additional development activities for identified succession candidates.
- Corporate Policies and Procedures. Collaborate with leaders to develop & implement motivating, fair & balanced personnel policies, practices and engagement initiatives.
- Change Management. Assists with the day-to-day use of standardized methods and procedures for change management.
- Ad Hoc Projects. Participate with benchmarking efforts and the implementation of automating programs such as Performance Management, Talent Management and employee relations processes. The HR Manager will participate and assist in projects with a high degree of confidentiality and complexity, including organizational redesign and other highly sensitive initiatives.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance to department support roles
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining organization charts
- Researching issues and questions that arise
- Handle customer requests through responsiveness, follow-up and escalation
- Prepare miscellaneous Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents as needed
- Develop and prepare a variety of reports using Workday or Dayforce
- Assist other HR Teams as needed
- Other duties as requested
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degreerequired (preferably in Human Resources)
- 6 years of prior HR work experiencerequired
- PHR or SPHR
- Strong knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills required
- Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics
- Ability to handle conflict and perform comfortably in changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Consistent in performance and practices ethical, professional behavior at all times
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Strategic view, able to perform cost benefit analyses, accurately assess risk, forecast both long and short-term outcomes, and evaluate the implications in a complex business environment