Are your working in a HR leadership function within a manufacturing environment and have aspirations to work for a prominent industry leading organization? Our client is a division of a global, multi-billion dollar company located in the South Bend, IN area and are looking for a dynamic HR Manager to join their team.
Top Reasons to Work for our Client:
- High profile position working for a global organization that has been an industry leader over the past couple decades
- Diversified client base reaching countless markets
- Be part of a team who is focused on delivering top quality products globally
- Excellent compensation and benefits
What you will be doing:
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff.
- Recommends and implements practices to improve employee safety, productivity and quality.
- Advises managers and supervisors in all employee related matters
- Responsible for assessing employee engagement and culture, and designing a strategy to close gaps to the desired state.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Responsible for hourly time and payroll hours reporting including vacation, sick pay, etc.
- Responsible for administering all benefits programs (medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401(k)) as well as coordinate annual benefit enrollment and health awareness programs
- Responsible for the performance review process, pay program administration, training, educational reimbursement and new hire orientation programs
- Performs HR transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations of all hourly, non-exempt, and exempt employees
- Maintain HRIS system to ensure site employee information and payroll is processed correctly
- Responsible for all state and federal reporting for OSHA, EEO, Veterans, and Employment
What you need for this position:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development or related discipline.
- Must have experience working with Unions!
- Minimum five years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions in a manufacturing environment.
- PHR,SHRM-CP, SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification desired
- Must have strong Microsoft Office and other technology skills
- Familiarity with SAP preferred
- Strong consulting and influencing skills on all HR disciplines including recruitment, retention, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, and diversity
- Training experience desired (DDI, Coaching for Success, etc.)
- Ability to travel