RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
DC HR Team Leadership
- Partner with leaders to develop innovative talent, culture and people strategies; arrive at solutions to meet our organizational needs.
- Use qualitative and quantitative information (Production, Quality, Safety, Attendance, etc.) to assist functional and departmental heads in executing HR business initiatives, processes and programs.
- Regularly partner with the Director of DC Operations to ensure HR strategy is aligned and enabling the operational strategy. Partner closely with all DC Operations Management and support teams, maintain visibility and positively influence outcomes.
- Manage direct reports to meet and exceed business and individual goals. Promote and facilitate career development, provide coaching and feedback.
- Serve as a key member of the local leadership team as well as the AEO DC / Corp HR teams. Champion new ideas and serve as a thought leader in alignment with AEO and DC strategy and planning.
- Partner with other AEO Distribution Centers for alignment on policies, processes, and programs, where appropriate.
- Own and drive the accomplishment of key projects, including cross-DC and Corporate / Company initiatives as appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to develop self and team; drive solutions not road blocks.
Talent & Culture Leadership
- Role model AEO’s values, promote an Open Door Culture and a positive, inspiring way of working with others.
- Practice pro-active labor relations and ensure associates receive stellar communication on topics relevant to them and the Company.
- Develop talent and culture strategies that proactively position AEO to meet and exceed business goals.
- Partner with DC leadership to continuously improve recognition & retention strategies.
- Facilitate strategic staffing initiatives including on-going workforce planning efforts, attraction and retention programs, workflow and process improvements, etc.
- Continue to make AEO the best place to work by conducting & improving associate engagement plans.
- Act on feedback and continuously improve our employment experience.
- Provide appropriate and timely problem resolution, proactively solve for potential future challenges.
- Partner with legal and corporate compliance teams to ensure associates act and operate in accordance with company policies, guidelines, laws and regulations.
- Partner with the Safety Manager and 3rd party vendor for Workers Compensation administration, ensure we have a process in place that minimizes accident frequency, ensures we are hiring individuals that can safely do the job, and provide effective treatment while minimizing rate of re-injury.
- Maintain the Distribution Center’s pay & benefit structure by partnering with Corporate Total Rewards team.
Talent Development & Performance Management Leadership
- Ensure Talent Development & Performance Management topics are effectivity led including: annual goal planning, performance development planning, mentorship/facilitation of effective coaching and feedback tools, and performance management for all levels within the location.
- Grow the leadership capabilities of our team, leading to positive improvements in production, quality, safety, engagement and career opportunities for our workforce.
- Lead annual Workforce & Succession Planning for the Hazleton DC, and in partnership with the other DC / Corp teams.
- Partner with DC Operations to align incentives to metrics (quality, safety, production) and outcomes that improve the DC’s performance (cost and service) and culture.
Ability to scale in a fast paced environment where functioning autonomously and collaboration are critical; Strong business acumen and relentless focus on the customer; Exceptional research and consulting skills; Individuals who welcome and can match pace in an entrepreneurial, highly fluid, ever changing environment;
Superb communication skills with the ability to influence at various levels within the organization; Coaching skills to help enable our leaders to continuously improve their leadership capabilities; Articulate with a high level of business acumen;
Strong command skills and executive presence; Comfort engaging with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner; Combines tenacity with tact, knowing when to apply more pressure and when to give in; Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on their feet; Outgoing and gregarious, enjoys interacting with a variety of people; Curious; and a demonstrated track record of being a life-long learner.
Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master’s degreepreferred; Minimum of 5 years’ experience utilizing HR “best practices” in the areas of talent acquisition, total rewards, employment law, performance management, employee relations, policies and procedures, and learning + development; Experience working in a distribution center / manufacturing / warehousing or similar environment preferred; Experience managing direct reports, and track record of fostering developmental wins;
Superb networking and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships while influencing change; High professional standards; Strong customer service mentality; Strong project and time management skills; Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Skills; Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data; Ability to travel; Spanish speaking capabilities a plus!
- Strategic Planning – Strong strategic thinking skills and experience building strategic plans
- Workforce Planning – Experience exploring / implementing creative labor solutions including technology and automation
- Leading Cross-Location Initiatives – Successful track record leading multi-functional projects involving other teams/locations
- Delivering Results – Solid, proven track record of delivering results
- Change Management – Has led change management initiatives for large groups of individuals
- Program Management – Leadership experience and success