- Acquire data and build cutting-edge technology to provide unique geospatial intelligence products that enable our customers to solve their most difficult problems .
- This requires combining talented people, effective methodologies, a focused mission and vision.
- A creative, collaborative culture means we agree and disagree, complement and critique, teach and learn but most importantly, do.
- Provide an energetic, fast-paced and fun environment that allows each team member the opportunity for great career and financial success.
- Responsible for developing and executing human resources strategy in support of the company mission and vision, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation.
- Provide strategic leadership by communicating HR needs, progress and goals to the CEO, Director of Corporate Development and Strategy, and the executive management team, to position the organization as an employer of choice by promoting its policies, practices and trends within the industry.
- Serve as counsel to the executive/senior management of each business unit regarding key organizational initiatives
- Establish comprehensive HR strategic plans that include recruiting and retention to meet the human capital needs of SNI
- Implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that position SNI to offer competitive and cost-effective employee total compensation
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing recruiting, staffing, retention, training, and compensation planning, performance measurement and management, HR communications, employer-of-choice programs, talent development, succession and organizational design/action planning with KPI?s
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives to create and foster an open, diverse and inclusive environment with focus on increasing employee engagement, reducing turnover and employee development
- Mentor, cultivate and motivate existing staff and develop appropriate career paths and trajectories for professional development for various staff functions and staff positions
- Ensure that all performance-related issues are met timely with remediation plans, corrective actions, terminations or other disciplinary actions clearly and in accordance with existing corporate policies and in conjunction with the SNI HR team
- Guide and direct advance research initiatives and where needed, personally lead innovation efforts for overall corporate strategic performance and mission
- Manage training grant programs and vendor(s); partner with leadership to analyze training needs and maximize grant allocation
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state and local employment legislation, industry trends, and ensure organization's compliance
- Manage and oversee complex employee relations issues and investigations; consult with senior leadership and legal counsel where appropriate
- Continue to pursue areas of education and professional development necessary to maintain currency in best-practice performance of this role, as well as technological advances in tradecraft and business operations
- Provide the CEO and Director of Corporate Development and Strategy with regular reporting pertaining to various operational and financial aspects of this role responsibilities; provide similar information at staff meetings, Board of Director and/or executive meetings
- Produce monthly employee metrics (i.e turnover rates, cost per hire, cost per employee, training cost per employee, time in position, employee tenure, etc.) to Director of Corporate Development and Strategy
- Assist in timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals and business trends in the multiple administrative areas to assist executives in performing their responsibilities
- Partner with Finance to support rolling forecast data and the annual budget process including recruiting cost detail based on recruiting roadmap, other G&A [payroll processing] as requested, and updated Fringe benefit cost detail
- Identify creative avenues where the company can cut costs without negatively impacting the employees and culture Create, implement and execute compliance initiatives that meet all federal and state regulations for a company with over 50 employees (i.e ACA, FMLA, AAP, etc.)
- Oversee and establish routine compliance initiatives, such as timely filing of EEO-1 reporting
- Work with peers and subordinates to enhance desirable aspects of the corporate culture and to overcome obstacles that hinder maximum corporate potential
- Oversee the physical security of the office environment and provide for adequate resources to ensure all staff are secure and risks are mitigated and minimized and that responsible staff are adequately screened, qualified and trained as trusted employees
- BA/BS degree (Required)
- 5+ years of HR experience (Required)
- Masters degree (Preferred)
- 3+ years of technical recruiting for a company (Not Agency) -- (Required)
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP (Preferred)
Qualities we're looking for:
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Conflict Management
Job Type: Full-time
- non agency technical recruiting: 3 years
- Human Resources: 5 years