Richmond Hill, GA
8 - 10 years
Posted 12 days ago
Founded in 1987, our client is a global leader in the building materials industry. Their USA plant is located in the Savannah, GA area.
The Human Resources Manager is a key member of the plant's management team. S/he will report to the Corporate Global VP Human Resources and will oversee, be responsible for, and manage all day-to-day human resources for the plant. Direct reports include: Recruit Specialist and Payroll & Benefits Administrator.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Preparing the annual human resources budget.
• Carrying out projects linked to human resources, including training programs and executive development.
• Recruiting and staffing;
• Organizational departmental planning;
• Performance management and improvement systems;
• Organization development;
• Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns regarding employees;
• Employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
• Policy development and documentation;
• Employee relations;
• Company-wide committee facilitation;
• Company employee and community communication;
• Compensation and benefits administration;
• Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
• Charitable giving;
• Employee services and counseling.
• Resolves conflicts and provides coaching and counseling on human resources matters for functional or organizational leadership.
• Meeting the personal objectives plan.
• Health and safety of the workforce.
• Development of a superior workforce.
• Development of the Human Resources department.
• Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
• Personal ongoing development.
• Reports directly to the Corporate Global Vice President of Human Resources.
• Hands-on approach; family oriented at work.
• Heavy importance on labor laws, development, and recruitment.
Experience, Skills & Abilities
The Ideal Candidate
• 8+ years minimum experience in human resources management for a company in a relatable field.
• Experience designing, planning & implementing human resources programs and policies for: staffing, compensation, benefits, visa/green card processing, employee relations, training and health & safety.
• Excellent human relations and interpersonal communication.
• Extensive knowledge of labor, wage and benefits laws.
• Loyal, Thorough, Sensitive, Empathetic, An overall view.
• Self-starter who can work independently.
• Organizational perception, Team player & Meticulous.
• Experienced and knowledgeable computer user. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Plus: Oracle ERP experience, PHR certified (Professional in Human Resources) or SPHR certified (Senior Professional in Human Resources).?
Bachelor's degree in a related area?
References and background check required.