Pentair is currently seeking a seasoned Human Resources Leader to join our Flow Technologies business as the HR Manager at our manufacturing facility in Kansas City, KS.
This person will serve as a key member of their site’s leadership team; in this role, the HR Manager will work closely with functional leaders (including Operations, Engineering, and Marketing) to develop organizational capability through leadership development, performance management, talent acquisition, total rewards, and employee/labor relations.
This person will also be expected to partner with local leaders to align HR processes & programs with the strategic direction of the business.
- Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization;
- Pay competitively;
- Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair’s proven best practices;
- Offer health benefits & coaching;
- Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan;
- Offer employee discounts;
- Protect you with life insurance and other options;
- Tell you more about all the great benefits – just ask!
- Act as a Change Agent and Cultural Steward to build up a strong culture of leaders and high-performing teams that are aligned with Pentair’s Win Right values.
- Lead HR processes such as organizational development & effectiveness, performance management, staffing, training initiatives, career development, compensation, and labor relations.
- Collaborate with functional leaders on talent management and development initiatives to attract, develop, and retain the best available talent in the market; this involves proactively engaging in coaching conversations with managers and employees.
- Partner with the Plant Manager on all labor relations, including negotiations of union contracts, grievance meetings, arbitration hearings, and potential labor disputes.
- Provide direction, assistance, and leadership to direct reports as well as cross-functional project teams.
- Be asked to take on additional duties as well, when necessary.
- Have earned at least a Bachelor's Degree.
- Have at least 7 years of professional experience working in Human Resources.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in English (written & verbal).
We like, but don’t require:
- Completion of coursework in Human Resources, Management, and/or Business Administration; completion of a relevant Graduate Degree (e.g. MBA) is a plus.
- Advanced training and/or Professional Certification in HR (e.g. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, CCP, and/or CEBS).
- Extensive HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment; experience leading HR functions in a unionized environment is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local employment labor laws / regulations.
- Ability to deal with employees at all levels and maintain excellent employee relations; proven expertise in managing productive labor relationships with union partners is a plus.
- Proven leadership skills; experience with interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, training, coaching, and/or termination of direct reports is a plus.
- Expertise in managing both tactical and strategic HR functions (e.g. Worker’s Compensation, Return to Work, Collective Bargaining, Skills-Gap Analysis, Talent Management, Succession-Planning, etc.).
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategies into actionable plans.
- Experience in organizational design and structure development.
- Proven expertise with change management – demonstrated excellence with navigating internal & external challenges to yield measurable operational improvements is a plus.
- Understanding on Lean Manufacturing principles; experience contributing to a Lean transformation is a plus.
- Above-average ability to contribute to Industrial Hygiene and/or Safety initiatives.
- Experience working within a corporate HR organization; experience working in a matrixed organization is a plus.
- Proven ability to maintain awareness of trends in HR and relevant employment law; active membership in SHRM is a plus.
- Strong business acumen, attention to detail, documentation, and analytical skills.
- Advanced ability to use basic software tools (e.g. MS Office) as well as HRIS technology (e.g. Workday).
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory