As a Human Resources Manager at Nestlé, you will be accountable for providing Human Resources support to all salaried and hourly employees, as well as site leadership, through effective organizational design and execution of Human Resources strategy across this part of the organization or operations site. You will lead a Human Resources team, overseeing recruitment, employee development, employee/labor relations, policy/contract interpretation, compensation administration and legal compliance. As the Human Resources Manager you would responsible for the complete Human Resource service/value chain for the facility and it's workforce.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Driving the alignment and execution of key people strategies that attract, train and retain employees to support the organization's short and long term business goals.
* Support in leading improvement of factory objectives and initiatives related to People, LDv, E&T, Compliance and other related processes
* Leading through Nestlé Management and Leadership and Organizational Alignment Principles.
* Managing the coordination and execution of workforce planning for the organization or site.
* Ensuring an effective culture and working environment that is open, empowering, fair, and equitable through thorough analysis of Human Resources scorecard data, survey results, and other workforce management data.
* Overseeing/providing flawless execution of all Human Resources initiatives while acting as a catalyst of change where appropriate.
* Pro-actively challenge the established organizational structure to drive superior performance.
* Providing alternate solutions on business issues to achieve the most effective solutions taking into account the Nestlé principles, policies and business unit goals.
* Managing overall Human Resources service delivery to the business through the HR department while helping to shape the culture that facilitates and supports Nestlé's goals and initiatives
* Utilizing the performance, talent, and succession planning management systems to help drive the achievement of company goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration, and talent development.
* Providing counsel and guidance to Leadership on all people management and development and perform investigations when required.
* Building and maintain effective working relationships with and between managers, employees, and unions where applicable.
* Supporting a holistic safety focus by driving people related safety goals and initiatives.
* Leading the site Leadership Development Pillar, supporting all employees to improve skills and effectiveness while striving to create a positive, productive environment where each associate can fully contribute.
* Monitoring Employee Relations practices to ensure compliance with Corporate, Federal, State and Local rules and regulations while providing guidance to management to help maintain a pro-active employment environment.
* Review employee/personnel trends to assess impact on employee morale, potential employee relations or wage/benefit issues utilizing the support of Nestlé Continuous Excellence principles.
Experience, Education and Skills requirements:
* BS/BA Degree required with a focus Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Communication, or Industrial Psychology preferred.
* Master's Degree level preferred in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Communication, or Industrial Psychology field.
* PHR or SPHR through HRCI/SHRM certification strongly preferred.
* Total Performance Management implementation and support experience.
* 3 or more years' experience as Human Resources Manager, with 5 or more years' experience in an HR Generalist role in a manufacturing plant or distribution center environment.
* Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker's compensation.
* Managing mediation/arbitration/grievance processes.
* Labor negotiations/union contract management.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and an HRIS system (ie. PeopleSoft or SAP).
* Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.