Chicago, Illinois, United States · Operations
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all human resource activities including, hiring, orientation, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, policy/procedure adherence, employee relations and workers' compensation/safety. This individual oversees the implementation and delivery of Human Resources strategies, policies, and services that create, support and sustain a high performance, innovative and entrepreneurial culture.
- Develops, recommends, communicates and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Maintain and audit personnel and benefit files to ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws; anticipating legislations; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Manage employee benefit plans, including communication, open enrollment coordination, implementation of changes, required reports, monthly invoice reconciliation.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Serve as an HR Strategic Business Partner to management and staff on employee relations issues, interpretation of company policies, procedures, and guidelines; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Manage the Performance Evaluation program; including writing job descriptions ensuring performance evaluations are performed in a timely manner.
- Identify and coordinate all Agency training
- Meet with the Managing Partners and VP Finance & Operations bi-weekly to provide a summary of activities, observations and recommendations.
- Provide guidance to managers on discipline issues, terminations, performance evaluations, and performance improvement plans.
- Oversight/handling of payroll process.
- Work with Director, Recruitment & Culture on recruiting/onboarding policies and strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to hit the ground running, research, and solve problems.
- Passion for the position, the agency, and the people.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with MAC a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication including the ability to speak directly to all levels of the agency.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field
Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in an HR generalist role.
Minimum 5 years experience in HR Management
Prior Experience in an Agency setting preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws, and regulations related to Human Resources and general business practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines (employee relations, performance, compensation, training, benefits, etc.)
- Strong skills in leadership, people development, employee relations, decision-making and problem-solving;
- Commitment to excellence.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification is preferred.