Tyler Coupling is currently seeking candidates for a Plant HR Manager.
This person will manage and lead the Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, accountability and quality, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Professional references, education, and background checks are conducted, and a post offer/pre-employment physical and drug screen is required.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any othercategory protected by federal, state or local law.
• Takes an active role in understanding business issues and works closely with plant management and supervisors in addressing those needs.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reports are in compliance.
• Recruits, interviews, tests, and assists department heads with selection of qualified employees to fill vacant positions.
• Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental, pension plans, 401(k), vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
• Develop and maintain equal employment opportunity programs, including affirmative action.
• Manages, schedules and participates in the new employee orientation program, and other training programs as needed.
• Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contract/policies and helping resolve work-related concerns.
• Performs difficult staffing duties including reductions in the workforce, dealing with under-staffing, involuntary terminations, and administering disciplinary procedures.
• Prepares for and participates in negotiating facility collective bargaining agreements and participates in resolving labor relations issues.
• Investigates and handles employee harassment, discrimination, and other complaints.
• BS/BA in HR or a related field plus 5 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent. (Industrial Manufacturing experiencepreferred.)
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft applications.
• Must be hands on and ready to roll up his/her sleeves
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public;
• A sound generalist knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration, including labor relations
• Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions to complex human resource issues.