Req #: 8641
Scope of Position: This position will partner with Advanced Optics manufacturing and engineering to ensure client group has the right number and type of talent required to execute the division strategy and achieve business success. Establish and maintains a positive work environment which operates as “One Corning” in support of Corning’s Values. Assist in achieving budgetary objectives in support of top quartile performance objectives while maintaining appropriate level of HR service delivery. Scale the level of HR service provided to execute the business strategy and ensures successful implementation of global HR business processes within the client group.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Identifies and prioritizes current and future talent requirements to achieve operational objectives
- Partners with Division HR Manager and client business leaders to identify and implement a compelling employee value proposition that enables them toattract and retain the number and type of talent required to close talent gaps
- Partners with Division HR Manager and client business leaders to take actions required to address talent gaps, ensuring the division has the rightpeople in the right place at the right time • Partners with client group to identify and implement individual development plans
- Effectively deploys performance management and rewards processes to drive required levels of employee accountability for desired performance results and ensure retention of top performers
- Works with client business leaders to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment across locations
- Partners with Division HR Manager and client business leaders to identify the human capital priorities over the next one - two years and the level of support required from HR to effectively address these priorities
- Executes the Human Capital Plan
Travel Requirements: 15-20% including domestic and international.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in related area and/or HR certifications is a plus.
- 5-7 years of HR experience (generalist/specialist combined) in manufacturing.
- Successful track record of performance in a Plant HR Manager role (e.g., plant HRM)
- Work experience (assignment/project participation) in aligning client group leadership around organization direction, design, and governance/decision rights
- Work experience in designing and implementing effective organization structures and work processes that improve client group ability to achieve desired results—new business/product start up or expansion and mature business optimization
- Successful track record in the deployment of global HR business processes or programs
- Experience supervising and developing direct reports
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Business Acumen
- Organizational Agility
- Problem Solving
- HR Technical Expertise
- Project Management
- Communicate and Engage