Description of Responsibilities
- Ensuring the company is following all applicable wage & hour regulations with all hourly employees in California.
- Maintaining all job descriptions and Organizational Charts for consistency and accountability.
- Manage all discipline and recruiting for hourly and operations related positions, interprets and communicates HR guidelines, policies and procedures, including internal investigations.
- Establish and maintain communication (rapport) with all operations related management.
- On call 24/7 for emergency HR related issues with Operations
- Managing the HR Information Systems, including data entry and assisting the VP, HR in the implementation and maintaining of Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Assist with interaction with Plant / Warehouse Operations employees to ensure open line of communication is maintained between the HR Department and Plant Operations, as needed.
- Management of Government programs for new employees and temporary employees.
- Management of wage garnishments and medical support orders.
- Training Programs - Administration to include training; calendar scheduling, participant tracking – attendance, certificates. Work with outside companies to conduct internal training on-site, including lifestyle seminars conducted by EAP, Credit Union, and other agencies.
- Interprets and communicates HR guidelines, policies and procedures, including internal investigations, with VP of HR guidance.
- Management of employees leaves (FMLA, PDL, etc.)
- Verify and maintain that all personnel files are in legal compliance.
- Be a key member of various HR related committees, including Newsletter, Employee Healthy Lifestyle, Employee Recognition, and Employee Events.
- Manages the responding to inquiries to the HR Department, including but not limited to: Verifications of Employment; EDD Unemployment & Disability, and Application status.
- Manage new hire process for seasonal employees; including but not limited to creating new hire packets, safety/GMPs packets, responding to questions, assist with forms, assist with coordination of new hire orientation and training, record attendance, enter new hires into GMPs files, and other duties as needed.
- Manage the administration of the hiring and on-boarding process for new hires:
- Ensured employees are either enrolled in Benefit (Health Insurance, 401k, etc) programs.
- Management of creating employee communications with VP of HR guidance, including updating and maintaining all plant lunchrooms with HR Communication.
- Coordination of Internship programs with local universities and colleges.
- Actively supports a wide variety of formal and informal HR projects and other HR administrative duties, as needed.
- Reinforcing positive employee relations; supporting HR Department’s employee relations / incentive initiatives, while executing superb internal customer service to employees, while responding to inquiries about Benefits, Water Park Tickets, and etc.
- Management of the Company Loan Process
- Management of Parking
10+ years experience preferred within related fields.
4+ years in HR Supervisory role
Highly skilled in Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, Power Point and HR Information Systems.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
Ability to compose and produce accurate documents and correspondence in a timely manner.
Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities, in a fast-paced office.
Ability to present a professional demeanor and provide excellent internal customer service at all times.
Bilingual - Spanish and English is required.
A minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited university, preferably in Human Resources, or a related field.
PHR Certification, highly desirable.