- Partner with the VP, GM and functional managers to ensure proper workforce planning as well as role and responsibility alignment
- Partner with managers on leadership and employee development initiatives
- Collaborate with Group HR Director and Corporate Human Resources to develop and execute creative recruitment and pipeline building strategies to attract solid talent and future “People Leaders”; primarily source candidates through internal ATS, company social media sites and other company sponsored tools
- Manage full cycle recruiting responsibilities such as maintaining job descriptions and FLSA classifications, delivering pre-hire skills testing, tracking key talent acquisition metrics, and conducting productive exit interviews
- Develop, schedule and facilitate the new employee onboarding and integration process
- Identify and drive learning and development efforts to build and support the growth of top talent within the organization
Employee & Labor Relations
- Serve as a primary compliance partner and consultant to leaders regarding employee relations
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the union, coordinating all elements of the collective bargaining and grievance resolution processes.
- Support and assist in the diligent and timely response to internal Ethics Helpline investigations as an advisor and investigator
- Coordinate site compliance training to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
- Communicate and administer an on-going performance management program using company delivered tools
- Drive strategies to develop bench-strength and succession plans
- Partner with leaders on all corrective action, PIP’s, IDP’s and goal setting
- Serve as a consultative partner both to employees and leadership regarding benefits, compensation and recognition
- Hold and manage the annual employee open enrollment presentations
- Communicate and facilitate the leave of absence program in conjunction with an external vendor
- Monitor wage and hour rules, ensuring uniformity of compensation protocols and compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Champion people initiatives - create employee recognition awards/events to increase engagement and boost retention
- Collaborate with Corporate EHS on workers compensation, health and wellness initiatives
- Responsible for overall HR project management and direction for transition and integration activities.
- Support change management and communication practices to help continue HR transformations.
- Build change agility to accelerate HR transformation efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in human resources, business management, psychology or a related field
- S/PHR or SHRM S/CP certification a plus
- 5-10 years of progressive human resources experience, preferably in manufacturing, production or a related industry.
- Previous experience with collectively bargained workforce a plus but not required
- Ability to perform tactical as well as strategic work
- Above-average proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with, lead and guide employees/managers at all levels and build relationships quickly
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate data into concise, executive-ready presentations and reports
- Exceptional action and customer service orientation with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
- Demonstrated ability to transition manual HR processes to automated processes
- Ability to build, develop, implement and engage new process approaches
- Strategic thinker who understands the ever-changing Human Resource market
- Solid knowledge of employment law, regulations and statutes – compliance focused
- Demonstrated problem solving skills as well as project management abilities
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism and decorum