About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for an HR Manager to provide day to day partnership and support for multiple teams and business units across the organization. If you are someone who is a self-starter, has a passion for innovative HR solutions, and has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills - this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
As an HR Manager at Grubhub, you must be able to:
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to ensure we support the business objectives, productivity and development of people related programs
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a hands-on manner, adjusting to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to create and build compelling analysis to consult with managers about making data-driven, insights-based people decisions
- Tackle day to day issues across the broad spectrum of HR management
- Oversee and manage complex employee relations issues with managers and employees
- Provide guidance and counsel to managers on the performance management process
- Support training and development initiatives for internal client groups and larger Grubhub organization
- Take a hands-on approach to successfully monitor the “pulse” of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Be a change ambassador and an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master Degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as an HR generalist, preferably in a high growth ecommerce or technology organization
- Strong experience with employee relations - both with hourly and salaried populations
- A passion for learning, innovation, and organizational development
- Strong understanding of local and federal employment practices, policies, and law
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (written, verbal, and non-verbal)
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
- Advanced in Excel & Microsoft Suite.