The HR Manager partners with executives, managers and employees to provide Human Resources consultation and support in the areas of HR strategy, data analysis, talent management, organizational development and aligning HR programs to Business Strategy.
Additionally, the position will provide general support in areas of compliance and policy deployment, and will partner with Shared Services and the COEs to ensure that they are proactively delivering services that create and support a high performance culture.
HR Manager has customer relationships with employees in a line of business for a local unit or site. The position will interface directly with managers and employees, and with the Esterline HR Shared Services and Centers of Excellence. This position will work very closely with other segment HR Business Partners and the Platform and/or Segment HR Leader to whom the position reports.
- In conjunction with Shared Services and Centers of Excellence, implement HR initiatives aligned with the business strategy in the following areas: benefits administration, communications, workers compensation, HRIS/HCM Cloud, employee engagement and staffing, at both a tactical and strategic level.
- Coach and assist managers with interpretation and application of Employee Handbook and Company Policy.
- Assist with the integration of corporate programs and practices that maximize, develop and help retain the unit’s top talent.
- Drive employee engagement strategies and plans to help create a high performance culture, integrating with policy deployment as an engagement platform.
- Develop communication channels to keep employees informed about organizational initiatives, company news, upcoming opportunities, and any items of employee interest.
- Serve as point of contact for employees. Answer questions regarding Company policies and procedures, union contract issues and employee concerns.
- Recommend procedural changes that will improve and enhance the HR function.
- Work with the HR team across the unit/platform/segment to recommend, develop and implement human capital initiatives.
- Deliver, and often create, employee and manager development programs.
- Own otherHR Projects as assigned.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all Company policies at both the site and corporate level and ensure compliance to applicable Federal and State regulations.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; Advanced Degree and/or PHR/SPHR/HCI certificate program preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR generalist or HR business partner function, preferably in a technology or industrial manufacturing company engaged in building defense products. .
- Successful track record resolving a wide range of employee and organizational issues. Experience working with legal counsel on complex employee and/or labor relations matters.
- Experiencedesired working in a fast paced, high performance matrixed environment.
- Experience in all phases of talent management, especially staffing and onboarding..