Job Description: EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Reserve Power applications, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
Reporting to the Human Resources Leader, Energy Systems (ES), the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for partnering with business leaders in all aspects of the employee experience including recruitment, onboarding, policy and procedure implementation, compensation, performance management, investigations and employee relations. The HRBP will provide strong HR business support to key ES business groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with appropriate EnerSys Corporate HR Teams to execute People strategies, initiatives and programs that support business objectives.
- Leads the recruitment process for the business to ensure the organization has the right talent pipeline in place and is aligned with the business strategy.
- Assists with talent sourcing strategies and implementing plans to increase the pipeline of talent for future business growth, e.g. university and graduate development programs, apprenticeships, trainee programs, etc.
- Integrates emerging digital platforms with traditional web and online recruitment methods while streamlining activities to optimize candidate experience.
- Conducts phone interviews with applicants to ensure candidates meet minimum qualifications and are an organizational fit for EnerSys.
- Assists in the management of the onboarding and orientation processes for all staff within the organization including approvals, offer letter creation and new hire paperwork processes.
- Manages Job Postings.
- Keeps up to date with employment legislation relevant to recruitment
- Builds a positive Hiring Manager and candidate experience throughout the recruiting cycle and coach hiring managers on our internal recruitment processes and practices.
- Manages talent through proper succession planning programs for key contributors and leadership positions.
- Delivers People solutions that are considered value added, measurable, directly tied to the operating unit business objectives.
- Proposes People solutions and/or organizational changes at a department level based upon an analysis of operational opportunities.
- Develops written and oral presentations that have high clarity and impact. Provides regular written reports as needed to business unit or HR Leadership.
- Serves as an advisor to management for employment related legal issues and ensures local compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Oversees employee termination notices and related documentation and orchestrates and/or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Manages the overall exit process; identify trends and make recommendations to leadership as necessary.
- Provides advice to managers and creates documentation for any performance-related issues; conduct investigations and, if required, manages the termination process.
- Conducts complex investigations
- Coach managers to increase their capability as managers and as leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a 4-year University degree or 2-year college diploma in a related discipline (business, human resources, etc.), MBA desirable.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in progressive HR positions, a significant portion of this experience should be in a client facing function and span across HR units including Talent Acquisition, compensation, benefits, etc.
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR or similar HR credential required.
- Knowledge of ATS and HRIS systems highly desirable,
- Previous work experience with Success Factors very desirable.
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.