That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as an HR Manager will serve as the leader of our HR compliance and operations team with a focus on pre-boarding, onboarding and off-boarding. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and remain in-the-know on state and local employment laws to initiate and manage policy and procedures to remain compliant.
In long, our HR Manager is responsible for:
- Lead our HR team focused on background screening, I-9’s, Unemployment claim management, document management and retention, and compliance.
- Coach, develop, and supervise the Talent Support Coordinators and their day-to-day operations.
- Display a broad knowledge of HR policies and regulations to ensure compliance
- Manage internal Immigration services for new hires and employees in partnership with outside counsel
- Partner with Director, HRIS and internal stake holders to find efficiencies in day-to-day processes and Workday systems
- Drive creative and time-saving improvements to the onboarding and off-boarding processes to positively impact the employee experience for candidates, new hires, and team members
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Minimum 2-3 years supervisory/team management in Human Resources or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Human Resources with at least 5 years of experience and basic understanding of federal and state compliance laws, onboarding, offboarding, immigration policies, I-9s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.