Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
This is a Human Resources leadership position with responsibility for the overall management of the HR function within the facility. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, the direct supervision of HR staff in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, benefit administration, coordination of employee training and organizational development.
- Support and communicate management practices and provide training and coaching to the management team regarding human resource related practices.
- Recruit and staff that meets the current and long term needs of the organization in a manner consistent within legal guidelines and within the Affirmative Action Plan for Dart Container Corp. of Corona.
- Provide guidance to the Plant Manager regarding human resources matters. Supervise and perform a variety of administrative activities to include iSeries functions, compiling and filing of associated reports such as EEO logs, other human resources related questions and reports as necessary.
- Oversee general employment practices including interviewing process, testing, participating in disciplinary actions and termination in accordance with corporate guidelines and applicable State and Federal laws.
- Provide human resources and leadership development by identifying training needs and securing appropriate training resources.
- Coordinate and develop management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, leave management, and sexual harassment.
- Provide management direction and counseling.
- Maintain good communication and positive relationships with employees to promote employee satisfaction.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Five (5) years of human resource experience with at least three (3) years of experience supervising HR professionals.
- Solid experience in metrics and a general knowledge of principles and practices of HR Management.
- Strong Communication, organizational, managerial, platform and analytical skills.
- Ability to recognize problem and issues and develop effective solutions. Requires independent judgment/decision making within areas of responsibility.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to non-routine problems, master new concepts quickly and efficiently, and need the ability to turn concepts into practical applications.
- Ability to communicate intricate job related processes clearly and concisely.
- Five (5) years experience in employee relations.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (travel is not the norm but may be required occasionally).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Master's degree
- HR management experience in a manufacturing or similarly paced environment
- Bilingual ability English/Spanish
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.