Do you want to shift your career into high gear? If you are a strong leader who has a passion for creating an exceptional employee experience and can inspire others to succeed, the HR Business Partner role at Avis Budget Group is your opportunity to drive your career to a new level!
Avis Budget Group is a leading global provider of mobility solutions. We are a Fortune 500 Global Leader in the travel services industry operating 4 industry leading brands: Avis; Budget; Zipcar and Payless. Firmly established as a leader in the vehicle rental industry, our history of focusing on customers, our people, growth, innovation and efficiency drives impressive bottom line success and has delivered strong year on year results.
The HR Manager serves as a Senior internal business partner, delivering comprehensive HR programs, initiatives and solutions to the functional areas of the organization in support of key business strategies. He/She will be a key member of the HR leadership team and is responsible for providing strategic and tactical human resources support for the assigned field operations locations. including the Headquarters’ office in Toronto. The role reports to the HR Director based in ABG Corporate Headquarters in the United States.
To be successful in this demanding role, your proven track record will enable you to deliver against the following key performance areas:
- Support union, non-union, management and staff in the specified departments and field locations and ensure HR compliance from both a legal and company policy perspective, while providing strategic advice on employment legislation, human resources polices and trends.
- Work with management to define talent management needs to design and implement HR programs and practices, e.g., organizational design, workforce development/planning, talent acquisition, compensation & benefits management, health & safety, union negotiations, labor relations, etc. that align with and support location needs and Company goals.
- Facilitate leadership development and key talent retention efforts e.g., performance management, coaching/counselling/corrective actions, employee recognition and rewards, talent review, succession planning, etc.
- Supported a Union and non-Union population of around 1,500 employees
- Supported local implementation of HR Global transformation initiatives (Workday, ADP).
- Collaborated in project implementation such as Workforce management
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related field
- 8+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of Labor laws, Union Negotiations and Employee Relations
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- WorkdayHRIS knowledge preferred
- Fluent in French preferred