Plans, develops and implements compensation programs, policies and procedures to align with the country goals and competitive practices. Ensures company compensation programs are consistently administered and follow internal policies and government.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration, Information Technology or other closely related field, plus six (6) years of related compensation management experience, of which two (2) years must have been supervisory; OR an equivalent combination of directly related education and experience. Education may not be substituted for the required supervisory experience.
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs. Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Provides advice and recommendations to organization leadership and staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and organization objectives. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Supervises staff which includes hiring, orienting, training, assigning and reviewing work performance, annual work performance appraisals, and discipline.
- Plans, budgets and forecasts Compensation and HRIS system needs and applications.
- Maintains awareness of system upgrades and enhancements that may have a potential impact on current and future HRIS functionality and makes recommendation to senior management.
- Serves as an interface between internal customers and the functional team members to ensure effective delivery of Compensation and HRIS support and applications.
- Experience with SuccessFactors and/or UltiPro a plus
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the compensation team. Sets goals and objectives that support the HR Division and County strategic direction.
- Provides overall prioritization of work assignments and management of functional team resources and their activities.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure organization compensation objectives are achieved.
- Promotes proactive approaches using HR systems and technology to meet business needs, improve business processes and solve problems.
- Negotiates priorities and staffing/resource requirements with the IT division, functional staff and others as appropriate. Establishes and monitors program metrics to ensure continuous success and improvement.