HR Opportunity: The HR Business Partner for the Components and Roofing Asphalt businesses and the Building Materials Pricing Operations is an important open role where we are seeking strategic, experienced, business oriented HR talent. The HR Leader is an instrumental business partner to the VP of Components, the Director of Asphalt and the Director of Pricing Operations. The role is accountable for understanding the organization’s needs, the talent and the way we work, and then building organization capabilities that accelerate the productivity of the business ka. The direct accountability for this role includes:
- HRBusiness Partner for the Components Business, a 600MM+ Revenue, $140MM EBIT business.
- Direct HRsupport for the business leadership, business development leaders and the specialty sales organization, which total 28 people. And indirect influence of a global, (China, India, Europe, Canada US) operation of over 2000 employees. The role requires high collaboration across the functions and regions and an ability to influence results through others.
- HR Business Partner for the Asphalt Business, a $500MM Revenue, $11MM EBIT business where greater than 50% of the sales are sold internally within our roofing business. Indirect influence of the asphalt mfg organization of over 100 people.
- HR Business Partner for the Building Materials Pricing Organization, 50 people.
Location: This position will be physically located in Toledo, Ohio, travel is estimated at 30%+ and a small amount of travel to the Asia Pacific region may be needed.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Organization Design and Execution
- Contribute to the development of the business and functional goals and strategy.
- In partnership with the business and functional leadership, build an HR strategy that supports achievement of organization objectives and translate the HR strategy into concrete actions plan and ensure appropriate communication and implementation.
- Understand drivers of change for the business, including the recent acquisition and facilitate systematic design of the organization (OD) and the effective change management.
- Effectively lead change and facilitate use of change management and stakeholder management tools
- Utilize Owens Corning and industry best practicesassociated with talent management:
- performance management
- talent acquisition & on boarding
- succession planning
- talent development
- Contribute to ensuring that effective reward systems are in place to attract, retain, motivate employees and to ensure they operate effectively and are aligned to the business objectives
Management of HR Operations
- Develop strong relationships and credibility and operate as a trusted advisor and business partner
- Ability to work across multiple functions, collaborating and influencing to achieve the results
- Ensure HR programs, processes, policies, and procedures are aligned with business and functional objectives and communicate to employees & coordinate implementation
- Continuously improve employee engagement and morale by assessing and tracking trends in employee behaviors and attitudes, developing action plans and coaching leaders
- Coach and educate business partners on effective team building and people leadership behaviors and practices so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results
- Facilitates the assessment of individual employee capabilities through talent reviews, interviews and assessment tools and provides, with confidence and candor, developmental coaching and action planning
- Influence organization culture by proactively assessing strengths and weaknesses and communicating a perspective on opportunities
- Develop and maintain good industrial / employee relations
- Determine the departmental budget and prioritize and allocate resources
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
Leading and Developing HR Talent
- Invests in the growth and development of direct reports and other identified talent in the organization
- Balances job opportunities with the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer term succession needs and to ensure the organization has the necessary talent to deliver the business strategy
- Engages in personal development continuously building skills and stays abreast of workforce and business trends throughout the industry
- Creates, provides and teaches processes, tools and knowledge, for people leaders to build the Owens Corning talent pipeline by growing all team members and recruiting and retaining the best talent.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Business or Human Resources; MBA Preferred
- 7-10 years of progressive HR and /or business experiencerequired, including manufacturing HR
- Leading results effectively/collaboratively through others especially those who do not report directly in the business and other functions
- Being part of creating and accelerating a high performance organization / function within a large-scale, multi-site business
- Developing and implementing strategy for a human resources function or another function or business segment
- Operating across geographic boundaries
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent which represents the available talent pool; developing, growing and retaining talent
- Implementing successful employee relations strategies/programs in union and non-union environments
- Has understanding and experience in incentive process, design and implementation
Challenges status quo - Seeks constructive debate to inform calculated risk-taking. Strives for continuous and breakthrough improvement in business process and results. Probes for additional information and encourages open discussion to gain full understanding. Brings a balanced perspective on new program and policies intent and a voice of the plant workforce in the decision and implementation processes.
Thinks strategically - Identifies/explains trends and problems by making connections among diverse data points. Accurately identifies key issues and business strengths and weaknesses in evaluating and developing strategies Recognizes and attends to the “big picture” in decisions.
Generates Ideas - Identifies new possibilities and business opportunities that contribute to growth. Instills an external point of view in formulating goals and strategies. Engages others by soliciting diverse views and differing opinions.
Develops People - Assembles teams with the capabilities to meet current and future demands, conveys ownership and provides support. Offers regular feedback and coaching that is actionable, specific and respectful. Identifies development assignments that meet Owens Corning's growth objectives and offer challenge and career satisfaction.
Engages self and others in learning - Solicits feedback from others to assess strengths and ongoing areas for focus and development. Establishes an environment in which exploring differences in views and perspectives and sharing information and ideas is encouraged to leverage diversity of knowledge and experience.