Reporting to the VP of Human Resources (HR) this experienced HR generalist and business partner will lead the HR function for all US locations, providing thought leadership and creating, guiding, developing and implementing HR initiatives focused on achieving organization strategy and objectives. Contributes both at a strategic and an operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend and implement appropriate people management solutions.
HR’s major focus is on supporting a high level of organizational effectiveness through recruitment, employer branding, ongoing performance management, employee engagement and talent management. The position is also responsibility for workplace facilities in US.
Collaborates with HR colleagues in EMEA, APAC and the Global HR organization to ensure a common and effective HR delivery approach for implementation. This position will lead and/or participate on HR projects as required.
- Serve as the lead HR contact in US to support nominated business units and deliver effective HR solutions that align with HR strategy and enable achievement of business results
- Develop a thorough understanding of critical factors for the business and teams being supported and work with Executives and Managers on organizational design projects to ensure the structure has a best fit with business strategy and future requirements
- Participate in and help create a fast paced, team-oriented environment and culture.
- Assist develop and revise HR policies and procedures to meet changing company needs.
- Communicate and implement approved Human Resources policies and procedures including collaboration and negotiation with staff representatives as required
- Collaborate with Global Total Rewards Manager to implement rewards programs in US including Employee Recognition, Focal Review and Promotion cycle
- Lead Employer of Choice and support Branding initiatives to improve talent engagement and retention including EOS feedback and follow-up
- Work with Talent Acquisition and Managers to ensure all recruitment requirements are resourced in a timely and cost effective manner. Participate in interviews as required.
- Collaborate with Global Learning and Development Manager to implement talent management programs incl On-boarding, Performance Management, Goal Setting, Learning and Development and Career Pathing
- Provide coaching and counseling to Managers in a variety of areas including departmental policies, corrective and disciplinary action, performance improvement plans, career progression and development to enhance employee engagement and effectiveness
- Manage HR and Corporate Communication including communication sessions, briefing events, newsletters, and social activities/events. Work collaboratively with staff representatives as required
- Collaborate and contribute to development and implementation of effective Global HR policies and processes that improve overall organizational effectiveness and alignment as member of the HR Global Leadership Council to improve overall organizational effectiveness and alignment
- Manage advice and actions on US employment and privacy laws and regulations for target countries and ensure legal compliance with actions taken
- Participate or lead on HR project teams as assigned having Country, Region or Global wide impact on HR related systems, tools, policies, etc
- Lead facility design/fit out changes and office admin in US and work with local in country nominated staff for implementation
- Collect, analyze and interpret key performance metrics and drive initiatives to improve results
Background & Experience to include:
- University graduate in Human Resources or related discipline, Master’s degree is desirable
- 12-15+ years’ experience as a HR practitioner within US and successful track record of results in a fast paced high tech environment – Semiconductor industry preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of all Human Resource functions including extensive knowledge of recent HR practices and policies, compensation and benefits, change management and organizational effectiveness
- Self-motivated individual with influencing ability, analytical and data driven, who demonstrates initiative, problem solving skillset and understands new process implementation
- Strong experience in organization effectiveness, performance management, employee engagement and talent management.
- Minimum of 5+ years (people) management experience
- Interest and ability to successfully work at both strategic and tactica llevels across the organization
- Strong leadership skills and experience influencing all levels of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including demonstrated consulting skills, large group presentation skills and ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent team skills and ability to manage effectively in a global matrixed organization
- Demonstrated integrity, excellent judgment and ability to build trust & maintain confidentiality
- Strong project and program management skills
- Demonstrated strong customer-focus and service orientation
- Experience navigating and influencing in global complex, across matrix organizations, as well as in smaller developing organizations
- Able to work under pressure and prioritize time-sensitive demands
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to effectively work across different time zones to complete job scope in a timely manner
- Some travelrequired
- Eligible to work in the US without restriction