HR Integration Manager
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 200+ ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 3,000 physicians and in affiliation with leading health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities – clinically, operationally, and financially.
The HR Integration Manager is responsible for overseeing the HR diligence and conducting integration activities associated with investments in Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) and Surgical Hospitals. This role will be the primary liaison with the diligence and integration teams and represent HR in all investment transactions.
The diligence assessment would include HR considerations that may impact the financial model of the deal, identifying the key differences and gaps in compensation and benefit plans, recommending approaches to close the gaps, and developing a high-level cost impact analysis. The HR Integration Manager will also partner with leaders and teams to support the transition of new employees onto SCA’s programs and platforms and ensure seamless transition for payroll and benefits.
This role would be located out of corporate office in Deerfield Illinois or our Regional Business Office in Birmingham Alabama
- Review and identify potential HRrisks and liabilities which could impact the deal valuation and/or integration.
- Reviews the completed analysis of payroll, benefits and employee policies and procedures, including but not limited to, employee census file, employee handbook and policies, employment agreements, compensation plan and pay policies, short-term and long-term incentive compensation plans, paid time off plans and accruals, 401(k) and other defined contribution or defined benefit retirement plans, and health and welfare plans and policy documents, and HR-related litigation.
- Review completed associated due diligence summaries and HR Department Reports provided to diligence team, employee benefits & compensation comparison, as needed.
- Reviews mapping of prospective partner facilities’ jobs to SCA jobs for completeness.
- Consults with the diligence and integration team when gaps exist in the aggregate on benefits, factoring in timing of close and terms of purchase agreement.
- Provides input and recommendations on benefits transition strategy and cost including makes recommendations on transition approach for employees including any buyouts for loss of benefits.
- Liaises with onboarding vendor to ensure successful onboarding of employees onto SCA’s systems and programs and address issues as needed with pre-employment background checks and drug screens.
- Coordinates with Integration and Operations leaders to deliver a presentation to new
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other Business discipline
- Minimum 5 – 10 years in financial, benefits and/or compensation analysis
- Solid understanding of benefit plan principles related to health and welfare plans, 401k plan administration, healthcare reform, FMLA, and legislated regulations
- Knowledge of ERISA or similar laws required
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong computer proficiency including Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as experience with an HRIS system
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels
- Travel 30-40%