Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 170 days ago
The HR Generalist is responsible for all aspects of Human Resources within a business unit, including but not limited to benefits, employee relations, performance management, training and recruiting. This position will be based @ the Orlando airport project location and will also be responsible for a project site in Melbourne, FL.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
• Administer and communicate HR-related company programs, policies and procedures to all staff and respond to employee inquiries.
• Manage recruitment efforts for the business unit, including college recruiting and interns
? Attend local job fairs.
? Develop college recruiting schedules; participate in campus recruiting activities, including interviews
? Manage internship program; serve as point of contact for interns.
• Handle basic matters relating to employee discipline and employee relations counseling.
• Conduct exit interviews.
• Provide input into training budget; suggest training for employee development for entry level staff.
• Conduct HR-related training including New Hire Orientation.
• Facilitate employee recognition programs including employee service awards and business unit staff awards programs.
• Communicate benefit information to employees. Coordinate FMLA, STD, LTD and other leave programs.
• Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and minimum of five years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality. Must have knowledge of database software; human resource systems; Internet software; payroll systems; Microsoft Office suite and use of common office and computer equipment. Ability to read and interpret policies and procedures. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, work independently and exercise discretion and independent judgment. Must be able to work as part of a team. PHR preferred.