OBG is currently seeking an experienced HR Generalist to support our Water Brand. The incumbent provides pro-active planning and day-to-day solutions, expert counsel, and accurate and timely HR information to employees and management of the business unit. This position demonstrates a high-level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge in several of the functional areas of HR, and a pro-active approach to customer service. This position is embedded within the business unit to understand issues and present HR solutions most effectively. Timely identification of issues, trends and presentation of solutions are required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborates with Business Unit Leaders to help them meet their strategic objectives with regard to an overall people strategy. The incumbent will work directly with the leadership team to develop an overall strategy for talent management and employee engagement. Key areas of work effort include: recruiting and retention of the work force, performance management, compensation program management and career development.
- Conducts strategic staff recruiting initiatives by managing the recruiting process; identifying sources of applicants; phone-screening of candidates, coaching managers on candidate interviewing and selection; analyzing job requirements; making salary recommendations.
- Improves retention of employees by listening to employees and collating/analyzing their feedback, encouraging employee engagement activities throughout the business, supporting the advancement and promotions process, implementing career development activities and conducting and analyzing exit interviews.
- Enhances employee and management performance by leading the goal setting process annually to achieve 100% compliance so that all employees have aligned goals and objectives. Oversees, conducts and captures notes from roundtable review processes for performance evaluation and identification of high performers and leadership capacity.
- Guides implementation of OBG’s compensation philosophy and program. Oversees annual salary administration, spot bonus program and variable compensation program implementation. Provides consultation on issues such as job description, job design, market pricing, internal equity and benefits issues.
- Encourages career development activities across the business. Oversees and coaches talent managers, supervisors and employees on career path options. Provides support for career development discussions. Helps identify training and development needs, and guides employees to the appropriate training programs.
- Provides risk management to the Firm with a strong knowledge and experience with employment law including but not limited to EEO, ADA, AA, FMLA and other status, including the development of plans and reporting mechanisms. Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; representing organization at hearings; interprets Company policy for managers and associates.
- Maintains and enhances a productive work environment by resolving conflicts across the business unit; coaching business unit management on effective management and coaching techniques; and maintaining open communications with associates and management.
- Acts as a leader in implementing and promoting health and safety requirements and guidance. Coordinates safe performance of work and appropriate safety training of the team. Following the Firm’s Safety Leadership Rules of Engagement, creates an environment to enhance a safety culture.
- Ensures adherence to the policies and procedures set forth in the Firm’s Employee Manual.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field with a basic knowledge of business principles.
- 5-10 years experience in human resources.
Skills and Abilities:
- A thorough knowledge of many of the following HR disciplines:
- Employment law.
- Compensation & Benefit practices.
- Talent Management.
- Recruiting and Staffing practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and skill at using Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal Human Resources laws.
- Ability to effectively communicate and resolve employee issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain multiple tasks simultaneously and to deliver responses and results within established time frames. Works well under pressure.
- Ability to use good judgment, maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Expected to provide the highest level of service to internal/external clients and promote teamwork and a cooperative effort among employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.